• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Joyce Harper, born Joyce Peacock October 1931

S

sdwall

[FONT=&quot]My maternal Grandmother has reached the wonderful age of 102 and has one wish that she hopes will be granted before she leaves us at some point in the hopefully distant future. She would dearly love to meet the daughter of her much loved sister Emily Peacock (nee Gilbert) who unfortunately passed away in 1931 at the tender age of 23 whilst giving birth to a beautiful baby daughter called Joyce on October 7th 1931.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I believe after conversations I had with my Grandmother’s late brother Alf Gilbert who passed away 2 years ago that Joyce was adopted and I sincerely hope that she is still living happily and finds herself in good health.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] After some considerable investigation on the internet I think Joyce may have married in 1955 and taken the married name of Harper. This is the reason I have taken the step of posting here in the hope that I might find my Grandmother’s niece.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I would like to stress once that I mean no harm to anyone, all I would like to do is make one last wish come true for a Grandmother that I adore.[/FONT]

Back