• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Journeyman baker/Master baker - Raymond Davis

Hel43

knowlegable brummie
Hello! It appears that my great grandad was a Journeyman baker/Master baker - does anyone know where I can find more information on this or any photos? We don't have any photos of Raymond so I was wondering if I could trace any records of him. He died in 1945. Thank you

Raymond Charles Davis born 27th july 1882 Aston, married Ada E King in Kings norton1913, son Ernest born 11 june 1914

1939 census living in 16 White road, birmingham occupation Bread maker.

Thank you its really appreciated, I have gathered that info. I was just wondering if I could find any info/photos anywhere? I'm not sure if there was an online library I wasn't aware of. Thank you again! :)

Thank you its really appreciated, I have gathered that info. I was just wondering if I could find any info/photos anywhere? I'm not sure if there was an online library I wasn't aware of. Thank you again! :)
i dont think there are any records as such but if he was still working in 1921 the 1921 census usually states the name of the company people worked for at that time...what was his full name and date of birth and the name of his wife if she was still living and where in birmingham they werel living...the more info you provide the better

lyn

Thank you! I seem to have trouble accessing the 1921 census, am I missing something? His details are as follows: 27/7/82 - April 1946, Ada Davis (she passed in 1945) they lived on White Road, B'ham then at some point moved to Arden Oak Road in Sheldon.

Thank you! I seem to have trouble accessing the 1921 census, am I missing something? His details are as follows: 27/7/82 - April 1946, Ada Davis (she passed in 1945) they lived on White Road, B'ham then at some point moved to Arden Oak Road in Sheldon.
you have to be subscribed to find my past who holds the 1921 census...joining costs nothing but we have to pay to view the 21 census

lyn

you have to be subscribed to find my past who holds the 1921 census...joining costs nothing but we have to pay to view the 21 census

lyn
Ah! That makes sense! It been driving me crazy! Thank you! :) Im using Ancestry!

there is a little bit of info you can see without paying but to view the original paper you have to pay...ive just put in his name and there is only one raymond davis that comes up without paying i can see it says others in the house are ada elizabeth...ernest and 2 others...think its only a couple of pounds to view....ancestry do not have the 21 census but like i said find my past do a pay per view and you can buy credits

Raymond C
Davis

Birmingham, Warwickshire, England

Birmingham

Birmingham

Warwickshir

lyn

there is a little bit of info you can see without paying but to view the original paper you have to pay...ive just put in his name and there is only one raymond davis that comes up without paying i can see it says others in the house are ada elizabeth...ernest and 2 others...think its only a couple of pounds to view....ancestry do not have the 21 census but like i said find my past do a pay per view and you can buy credits

Raymond C
Davis

Birmingham, Warwickshire, England

Birmingham

Birmingham

Warwickshir

lyn
That's great, thank you. That is him. I have just signed up for Find my Past so Ill see if I can buy that one record, thank you again, much appreciated!

thats great..the 21 census can be so useful...because of the information on it it has recently solved a mystery for a friend of mine that had been going on for years

lyn

Back