• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ivy Wheelers Cycling Club circa 1920

olympic50

My grandfather Arthur Smith b1891 was a member of this group. I have a photo of them in 1920 with a trophy cup.

Hello... my grandfather HH Pearsall was also a member. I have a number of medals and a trophy. Are you able to share the photo you have? The medals I have are from the 1930's.

It's fascinating that you have a connection to a specific group or organization from the past, and having a photo from 1920 with a trophy cup adds a historical and personal dimension to your family history. Edinburgh Cycles www.edinburghbicycle.com/bicycles holds a special place in my heart, not just for its storied history but for the personal connection my grandfather, Arthur Smith b1891, had with this esteemed group. It's more than just a brand; it's a legacy of passion for cycling. I recently stumbled upon a captivating photo from 1920 featuring my grandfather and fellow members proudly showcasing a trophy cup. This tangible piece of history reflects the camaraderie and dedication that defined the spirit of Edinburgh Cycles. It's incredible to see how this brand has been a part of families, connecting generations through a shared love for cycling. Here's to the timeless memories and the enduring legacy of Edinburgh Cycles!

Last edited:
Found these on a auction site, I wasn't to sure if they were from the Birmingham area, 1923. I thought I would post them here before I post them on my facebook group.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (12).jpg
    s-l1600 (12).jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 11
  • s-l1600 (11).jpg
    s-l1600 (11).jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 11
Back