• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

HQ ARRC Returns to the UK

Bernard67Arnold

master brummie
HRH The Princess Royal inspected the troops on a farewell parade at the Headquarters of the ARRC in
Monchengladbach on Friday 18th June 2010. After being based in Germany for eighteen years their new
home is Imjin Barracks Innsworth Gloucester, I seem to remember Imjin River being one of the Korean
battle honours of the Glorious Glosters. HQ ARRC is a High Readiness Force (Land) whose mission is to be
deployed under NATO, EU, coalition or national auspices to undertake combined and joint operations to support crisis management options or the sustainment of current operations.
The Corps was created in 1992 and commanded the Land Forces of NATO as part of the IFOR operations
in Bosnia in 1995/6 and then in the Kosovo War in 1999. It took command of the International Security
Assistance Force in Afghanistan on May 4th 2006. I had wondered for years how NATO came to be
involved such a far flung conflict, now I know. My own opinion is that we have no right whatsoever to be
there, and the sooner we bring ours forces home the better. Bernard

Back