• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

How to start a new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I start a thread from new
On a Windows device I do as follows ...

1) Click the word 'Forums' top left on the screen.
2) Scroll down and choose the Forum you want to start thread in.
3) When you have chosen the forum you want your new thread to be in, click on it.
4) Click in the box which shows Thread title and enter the title you want for your thread.
5) Then enter the Message which will be the first post in your new thread.
6) When your message is entered click 'Post Thread'.

There are other ways of doing it.
When you start a new thread, once posted it is not easy to delete it, so be sure you want it ... :)
ps. It also pays to use the forum search 'Titles only' by entering a word from your new proposed thread title to see if a similar thread already exists. If it does then use the existing thread and it sends alerts to anyone who has ever posted in the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just registered, although I have found a post that I uploaded as a guest about 10 years ago, and I don't want to upset any rules on what is posted where.

I have some photos that relate to various areas of Birmingham and I will, where I can, en-devour to post them in the appropriate threads. Things like the pictures of the Lucas Sports day, I guess, are acceptable in the existing topic and threads they already exist?

However, I have other photos that I can't find what appears to be an appropriate thread. I can guess where to start some threads, say of pictures of buildings and areas of Birmingham that do not have a thread that is already in existence, but what about ones for organizations that might be mentioned in threads, but they are not relevant to the photos that I have? As an example, I have come across a couple of photos that I took of a motorbike that was painted in PowerGen colours, outside the car park at what was the old CEGB Midlands Region HQ in Shirley (now demolished, of course) so, should I start a thread in "Buildings" for the PowerGen HQ as was, or is there a general topic for 'random photos that don't really fit anywhere else' please? I'm also sure I have photos, somewhere, of the 'new' Powergen HQ that was built in Coventry, would that be considered off topic as it's not in Birmingham?

Thanks for any advice.

Welcome Dave. We’re always pleased to see photos as they can generate lots of discussion. Where you can, do post them to appropriate threads. Moderators will pick up on any that are misplaced or that can be better placed in other threads. After conducting a search and if you can’t find an appropriate thread, please do start one up.

We ask that members keep on topic which I’m sure you’ll bear in mind. Coventry occasionally comes into our discussions because of its links with Birmingham, but we are primarily a Birmingham history site.

We look forward to seeing your posts. If you have any specific problems, please let one of us mods know.

Viv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back