• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Holy Trinity Church, Smethwick

The son, Geoffrey Edward Craven possibly married a Ragna Fossberg in 1946 Sussex and had a daughter Freyja.

There are a couple of US immigration records for them, their address is Tourism Board, Jamaica.

Ragna died in Kingston, Jamaica 1951, injured in a hurricane.

I can't see him, he may have been in the army or abroad.

Sadly, it appears that Geoffrey and his daughter died in the hurricane in 1951 as well as his wife.

There are newspaper reports. He was a Captain in the army and they all died when a wall collapsed in their home

I can't see him, he may have been in the army or abroad.

Sadly, it appears that Geoffrey and his daughter died in the hurricane in 1951 as well as his wife.

There are newspaper reports. He was a Captain in the army and they all died when a wall collapsed in their home
Aren't we looking for a George not a Geoffrey??

That is the 1911 census. That gives no indication of a Geoffrey.

I am getting a little confused. I thought the George Edward, the son of George Edward and Susannah had died in WWI, as mentioned above by yourself and others. But this George Edward had married a Dorothy Higgins again as mentioned above and had a son, and it was this son the query in post #26 was about.

I am getting a little confused. I thought the George Edward, the son of George Edward and Susannah had died in WWI, as mentioned above by yourself and others. But this George Edward had married a Dorothy Higgins again as mentioned above and had a son, and it was this son the query in post #26 was about.
Apologies but the only son I saw was the George killed in 1917. So I was confused where the name Geoffrey had come from. I hadn't got as far as finding him.
Plus I couldn't work out to start with who Mrs D Craven was.
Think I am up to speed now. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back