• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Help Please[twice]

S

steve100

Hi,
I`m trying to find out about a woman called Polly Goodrich who lived and worked in The Roebuck Inn in the early 1880`s[cenus 1881].Does anyone know who she married?.I would also like to find out a liitte bit about The Roebuck Inn,can anyone point me the right direction?

Thanks

Steve

I don`t know.I think she may have married a Hales {my family} and would have had least one child Sidney.They may have moved have moved to Newport [Wales} to work in the steel industry.I know Sidney married in Newport 1913.

Steve

Polly is the nickname for Mary and there is a Mary Jane Goodrich born Birmingham 1860.ref 6d 20
The Roebuck Inn although census Aston is in Erdington
The pub is still there on the high street which now runs parralell with Suttton road.
there is a Sidney Hales registered Pontypool(not far from Newport) 1891 ref 11a 175 may be worth getting the certificate

Alberta thanks for that.I`d got the Polly/Mary name already,and had checked out the Sidney Hales you mentioned before, you .I don`t think hes the one I`m looking for though.Nice to know the Roebuck Inn is still going.

many thanks

steve

Back