• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hazelwell Nursing Home

Roger Depper

In 1945 I was born at the Hazelwell Nursing Home,Hazelwell. Later christened at All Saints Church,Kings Heath. What is the present day location of this nursing home. I notice a carehome but dont believe this was the nursing home of 1945. Possibly on main road. Thank You

unless i have got this wrong 262 looks just like a normal house now and certainly looks as though it would have been there in 1945...click on street view below its the house on the left...seems an odd shape to me so could it have been that the now 262 and the house on the right of it was at one time all one property being the nursing home..maybe someone can help

I looked at that and then looked at the old maps. I couldn't decide if it was the same place or not but I suppose it could just have been a "slightly larger than normal" house.

I looked at that and then looked at the old maps. I couldn't decide if it was the same place or not but I suppose it could just have been a "slightly larger than normal" house.
thats what i thought jan...certainly looks like the 2 properties could have once been one and the nursing home where roger was born

lyn

Back