• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Happiest Photograph

Old Boy

master brummie
Hi Al,

This photo is of my two great grandsons William and Tommy with their uncle, my grandson, Terry Gilbert. They are all smiling and I doubt if I have a happier photo in my box. Terry has recently resighed from the fire service to work as a guide to walkers in the Italian mountains. He loves the outdoors and is a keen climber. I hope it all goes well for him.

Has anyone else got a haooy photo they would like to share with us?

Terry andmthe Lads 001.jpg

Old Boy

Attachments

• Terry andmthe Lads 001 (1024x644).jpg
    Terry andmthe Lads 001 (1024x644).jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
They are all lovely photos, my favourite one isn't on computer, so will try to get it on and posted.
Old Boy, they all look so happy, hope the walking guide goes well for your grandson.
Sue

what lovely photos patty and old boy...i have many i could claim to being my happy ones but if i had to choose just one it would be this one of my mom and dad aged 18...

lyn

mom20dad-1.jpg

Lovely photo's Old Boy, Patty, Bernard and Lyn. Three happy photo's of mine. The first is Jemma my granddaughter with Pudding her cat, the second my brother and myself at Dover with Uncle Fred's dog and mom and dad at Prestatyn Holiday Camp where I was working with horses at the time. Jean.

Attachments

• 10939_163284037917_681527917_2906135_465068_n.jpg
    10939_163284037917_681527917_2906135_465068_n.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 21
  • c6.jpg
    c6.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 21
  • efg23.jpg
    efg23.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
We all have happy memories sad and tragic times, it's what makes us human. When I am having a bad time I look at photo's like this one and remember my childhood...I challenge you not to smile when you look at this photo of two of my grandchildren . Click on the photo it has to be seen full size...lol

Ben_and_Kaitlin_002.JPG

Love the photo of your Mom and Dad Lyn..x

lovely happy photos jean and wendy...just the sort to bring a smile to our faces...

gosh wend your grandaughter is so like you...

lyn

As I seem to have a problem with my laptop, it won't let me write once I add pics, the pics are of my middle daughter Kate, going to her partners grandparents Golden Wedding party, Owen on the beach, in the sun in Prestatyn last year, a first for us, sun in Wales lol,Mom, Dad and Mick, eating fish and chips on the sea wall also last year in Prestatyn - this is a family tradition, we go away on the Saturday and mom and dad join us on the Tuesday and we meet them off the train and have fish and chips on the sea front, wherever we are and whatever the weather and yes we have eaten under an umbrella in the pouring rain!!!
The group picture is of my great-aunts (who brought dad and Aunty Win up), sitting at the front, Molly in the red, Cis in cream, my Aunt Win, dads sister seated behind them, in the black with Dad next to her,mom standing behind dad with Katy and myself on the other side in uniform, with Sally and the special guests, Mary in the flowered blouse and her husband Robert, who were visiting from Australia - Mary is dad and Wins cousin Molly and cis neice. Not long after this, Aunty Cis went off her feet and died, followed within 18 months by Molly. They were spinsters and had never been apart and the doctors were convinced Molly died of a broken heart. My Aunty Cis was my inspiration, nothing got her down and she coped with whatever life gave her.
Sue

what lovely photos patty and old boy...i have many i could claim to being my happy ones but if i had to choose just one it would be this one of my mom and dad aged 18...

lyn

mom20dad-1.jpg
What a handsome couple they could be now if you know what I mean, I never thought mum and dad were so good looking till after they had gone and you look at old photos. The braid in to your dad's pocket means something to do with rank, but I forget what it is. But I am sure you know. Thanks for sharing them everybody. Nico

Lyn , what I meant to say is that......your parents would not look out of place walking down the street now. Nico

Back