• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

GREAT WESTERN BRASS FOUNDRY 70 constitution hill

Nigel Horrell

I am researching the history of the GREAT WESTERN BRASS FOUNDRY of JAMES CARTLAND AND SONS who operated a brass foundry from 1823 - 1955 on 68-72 Constitution Hill. I am looking in particular for any old photographs of the foundry there may be. It subsequently became a CHEMICAL ABRASIVE WORKS and any information on this including photos would be most helpful.
Thanks
Nigel Horrell

Some information on this SITE and also a little bit on the Cartland family on my own website B14

Colin

Last edited:
I believe these marks may well be of the company.

iu
iu

Last edited:
Back