• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

GLASTONBURY

chrissweep

master brummie
Good to see Robert Plant at Glastonbury over the weekend.
Still remember going to the Shepton Mallet festival in 1970, the forerunner of Glastonbury.
Still remember having a pint of " rough and black " at Mothers in Erdington with Robert Plant, John Bonhan and John Peel.
Must be getting old and sentimental.

Good to see Robert Plant at Glastonbury over the weekend.
Still remember going to the Shepton Mallet festival in 1970, the forerunner of Glastonbury.
Still remember having a pint of " rough and black " at Mothers in Erdington with Robert Plant, John Bonhan and John Peel.
Must be getting old and sentimental.
I thought it was a poor Glastonbury this year, maybe because some of the real big names are on tour. I did think Noel Gallagher who I am not over keen on was quite good.

In days gone by we lived not too far from Glastonbury. An 'interesting' place to visit in normal times. When the concert was on, and we were out in the car, the local plod were either trying to keep us away, or direct us in.

We were running a caravan site at Wincanton Racecourse one year, (nothing to do with Glastonbury, it was a tourist site), and people would come into the office when it was on, and ask what the "thump thump thump" was. Sound carried quite well. Not too far away as the bass guitar flies though.

Back at school, someone had a bass guitar the same style as Paul, with the violin shaped body. Envy or what ? Mine was just an average (schoolboy, read cheap) one. I saw one the same second hand in a music shop not too long ago. Price was too high for random unnecessary purchase, but Julie still had to pick me up and carry me away.

Happy times.

Andrew.

In days gone by we lived not too far from Glastonbury. An 'interesting' place to visit in normal times. When the concert was on, and we were out in the car, the local plod were either trying to keep us away, or direct us in.

We were running a caravan site at Wincanton Racecourse one year, (nothing to do with Glastonbury, it was a tourist site), and people would come into the office when it was on, and ask what the "thump thump thump" was. Sound carried quite well. Not too far away as the bass guitar flies though.

Back at school, someone had a bass guitar the same style as Paul, with the violin shaped body. Envy or what ? Mine was just an average (schoolboy, read cheap) one. I saw one the same second hand in a music shop not too long ago. Price was too high for random unnecessary purchase, but Julie still had to pick me up and carry me away.

Happy times.

Andrew.
Ah Andrew! Old habits die hard!

I enjoyed streaming Paul at Glastonbury especially the familiar songs in the second half. At 80 he can still play, and people moaning that his voice wasn't what it was can always listen to the original recordings. Mom had no interest in the Beatles when they played Thimblemill Baths, Smethwick back in November 1962. Her idea of a singer was Mario Lanza. But Beatle mania was in full swing. Hundreds of people ran down our road screaming following the band's car. The music was loud, but the screaming was louder still! At least at Glastonbury the outside broadcast sound was excellent.

Back