• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Funny or Daft Things at Work

oldMohawk

gone but not forgotten
Reading something about H&S reminded of our Group Fire Officer - we used to call him 'Firery Fred', he was all powerful during his reign, you did not upset him. He came to our place one day and asked how I was protecting important data and drawings in the event of a Jumbo Jet crashing on the office.
I didn't laugh, but said I'd micro-filmed it all and put it in a metal safe, in a brick cupboard, under some concrete stairs. He didn't look too happy with my reply, so I said I had also got microfilms in another safe 400yds away at other end of the factory. He thought for a bit, then seriously said 'Ah what if 2 Jumbo Jets crashed on both ends of the factory'.
I had a fleeting mental picture of 2 Jumbo's in formation colliding over Brum, but He'd got me with that one !
I didn't tell him that the Buying Office made me get the micro films done in Wolverhampton and all our data was going up the M6 in a van whose driver might have crashed because he was watching 2 Jumbos plummeting onto Brum.
I can say that I lasted much longer in the company than he did! :D

Last edited:
Back