• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Froggatt burials

i would just like to thank leslam for taking the time out today to meet me at warstone lane armed with her map and find the graves of 6 of my froggatt family...there was only 4 to locate as the baby twins are in one and there is a double up in another..i must admit it seemed very strange standing over the rellies resting places.. after looking for so long at their names on the census papers i feel as though i knew them....henry froggatt was living at 1/197 warstone lane when he died its about a couple of mins walk from where he now lies...les has suggested that we just double check with brian at some point just to make sure of the locations because i will be getting wooden markers made for them all...it started to rain so i will be going over to key hill next week to check out the harrington graves..

thanks again les..

lyn

Last edited:
Well done Lyn and Les:) I'm just trying to figure out my Froggatt's and coming to the conclusion it wasn't that unusual a name? I have Elias' in my tree also - never know Lyn, we might find out we have more than a Bham History connection:)

Suzanne

hi suzanne..i have had the froggatts written up for ages but only recently started to research more deeply now i have a bit more time..really trying to find out if what our dad and his sister have always said and thats that we are related to the singer raymond froggatt who was born in bordesley green..have now found my froggatts in bordesley so you never know...long way to go yet..

do you have the same elias as me then...

For the record, the grave that contains Sarah Froggatt (B 1787) is alongside the wall in section B, next but one to B 1785 (already marked) as you look toward Warstone Lane. B 1785 was checked by Brian in https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=30773&page=2.

I think that we managed to triangulate the positions of B 1697 (Henry Froggatt) and B 1567 (William & Jessie)

O 942 is in the block near the Mint wall. It is in the same row as O742 (Floyd). Counted along from there and triangulated with the Homer grave (O 964). Stuck a twig where we thought it was.

thanks les..will get them marked up asap as it does help others who maybe looking for locations...

lyn

Back