• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Freda Hughes, Sherborne Street, Ladywood

What info?

Freda Helen May Hughes was born 1928. Mother Winifred (nee Smith) re-married in 1935 to Oliver Murray. She had one full brother Frederick Albert Hughes b1926, d2007 in Somerset.

Oliver, Winifred and Frederick are listed at 98 Sherborne St on the 193 Register. Freda may be there but not shown because she would be less than 100 years old.

Ok, not too sure now as Oliver and Winifred have a son Ronald Oliver b1922, reg. as Hughes and re-registered in 1936 as Murray.

More looking needed.

Sorry, ignore most of post #2.

Probably not the daughter of Winifred, who appears to be a Hughes but related somehow though I can't see it atm. Winifred's father was also a Frederick Albert Hughes, same as Freda's brother as mentioned.

Both Freda and Frederick are reg. with mmn Smith which makes working out the correct marriage difficult. At first I though the elder Frederick may have re-married (he is widowed by 1921) but he appears to marry someone else.

Winifred has a brother Albert Edward (also living on Sherborne St in 1939) but I can't see a marriage for him to a Smith but it's possible.

There is a marriage for a Freda H M Hughes to an Alan Eastaugh in 1956 Durham.

In 1939 Freda is in Erdington Cottage Homes, Fentham Road and she did marry Alana Eastaugh.

What info?

Freda Helen May Hughes was born 1928. Mother Winifred (nee Smith) re-married in 1935 to Oliver Murray. She had one full brother Frederick Albert Hughes b1926, d2007 in Somerset.

Oliver, Winifred and Frederick are listed at 98 Sherborne St on the 193 Register. Freda may be there but not shown because she would be less than 100 years old.
Hi
Thank you so much, this is a big help
Thank you

In 1939 Freda is in Erdington Cottage Homes, Fentham Road and she did marry Alana Eastaugh.
I joined the ancestry and according to that, she married Alan Eastaugh. It said Freda lived in Erdington homes, but I don’t think her brother lived there. I think Frederick(her son stayed with her. Thank you so much for the information, you have helped so much and are truly grateful

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Back