• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

FOOD THAT WE REALLY LIKE

mw0njm.

A Brummie Dude
AS the disgusting food thread is now dead, I Have started one on food we like'
so get postings folks:grinning::grinning:

Well I did the low-fat high carb stuff years ago and blew up like a barrage balloon. I have gone back to my only eating it if my grandmother would recognise it as food. All made from scratch, no processed food, or ready meals. I also have ahigh fat diet with butler, cream, and full fat milk. I tell the butcher not to trim my meat as well.

Edifi
Just let us say that they might have been useful with the shortage in the shops a few weeks ago

to be fair there is not much i dont like :D but here are a few i love

home made mash faggots peas and gravy
liver and onions..mash ..cabbage and gravy
sos and mash garden peas and gravy
fish and parsley sauce with veg
home made chips...bacon and egg with a round of bread and butter
all meats and chicken for sunday dinner...not all the meats at once of course lol

lyn

to be fair there is not much i dont like :D but here are a few i love

home made mash faggots peas and gravy
liver and onions..mash ..cabbage and gravy
sos and mash garden peas and gravy
fish and parsley sauce with veg
home made chips...bacon and egg with a round of bread and butter
all meats and chicken for sunday dinner...not all the meats at once of course lol

lyn
yummy .Lyn . everything apart from the fish and parsley. tonight we are going to have faggot's chips and peas. 2 for me and 1 for harry.

I'm on my way to your place tonight Lyn for dinner. :)

I recon gluten must taste wonderful, because when you taste gluten free food, it tastes like cardboard.

I recon gluten must taste wonderful, because when you taste gluten free food, it tastes like cardboard.

mort you would be most welcome...just choose from my menu and let me know :D :D :D

lyn

I think Gluten free foods use highly refined starches , where virtually everything other than starch has been removed. The components that have flavour, or that react to heat to give flavour are therefore missing. I believe gluten has no flavour

mikejee, post: 685631, member: 3395"]
I think Gluten free foods use highly refined starches , where virtually everything other than starch has been removed. The components that have flavour, or that react to heat to give flavour are therefore missing. I believe gluten has no flavour
[/QUOTE]
i dont like gluten free anything yuk. my wife used to eat that stuff.

Anyone been to Mad O'Rourke's, Tipton? I've had the Desperate Dan Cow Pie four times (a 4lb steak and kidney pie with veg mixed in). If you manage to eat it you get a certificate. Only managed it once. On three other occasions I got the wimp certificate cos my "eyes were bigger than my belly", as Mom would say. The only way to finish it is by having an enormous appetite, not drinking too much Lump Hammer ale beforehand and eating the pastry horns last! On the last occasion I went for the lighter option, faggots, gravy, mushy peas and mash. Our Daughter In Law's brother was over from Hungary (no pun intended) at the time and had a mixed grill served on a shovel!

I could eat one or the other now (well maybe some of it) but going to settle for a lockdown beef stew tonight instead:D
1591355694746.png

Back