• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Fireman in Balsall Heath early 1900s

Chris Cox

proper brummie kid
Hi, I have a photo of my Great Grandfather James Harry Cox outside a Fire station in Birmingham about the 1920s, he lived around the Moseley Road area of Balsall Heath so I presume it was close to there. Could do with some guidance on how I can learn more. Thanks

Attachments

• James Harry 1920s.jpg
    James Harry 1920s.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Appreciate
Reactions: Two
Hi, I have a photo of my Great Grandfather James Harry Cox outside a Fire station in Birmingham about the 1920s, he lived around the Moseley Road area of Balsall Heath so I presume it was close to there. Could do with some guidance on how I can learn more. Thanks
The fire station was on Moseley Rd near Belgrave Rd and the new station is in the near location, John.

The area was then covered by the station on the corner of 'highgate road . Below the view now, Recently it moved to a nearby new site. I assume building then was the same as that shown (without modifications)

The fire station was on Moseley Rd near Belgrave Rd and the new station is in the near location, John.
Here is a picture of the old station on Moseley Rd corner of Highgate Square, John.

Attachments

• Old Highgate Fire Station.jpg
    Old Highgate Fire Station.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 11
Thank you so much, is there a way I can find any records of Fire Service etc so I can confirm exactly when and where he was, as I have nothing other than what I can trace. Thanks, the photos are great as is the link.

More photos here

This Picture was from a Newspaper Article a while back.
Harry is Centre rear with Son and Daughter.

Brilliant thanks, you wouldn't have an idea of date for this, knowing what I know I could guess but there were various kids that Harry had. Thanks again.

Back