• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Favourite scooter?

Mayfield

Burbury Brummie
Mine was the Lambretta TV 175. Those mirrors (about 8 each side). I thought I was the bees knees............:cool:

keith

Not sure it was my favourite as it was the only one I ever owned, my Lambretta 125cc. Riding it for a number of years as a teenager gave me enough road sense to pass my car test first time. I remember that I was always picking up punctures and one time had to take a repaired wheel and tyre on the bus with me to go and fit it to my scooter that had been parked on the side of a street somewhere overnight. Did that ever happen to you Keith?

Dave - all I remember was going around an island in Marston green banking the scooter too low and coming off it. Mirrors hanging off... I was so embarrassed. There was seveal young girls watching (who I thought that I would impress) at the bus stop as I spun around on the fairing ....

I remember riding away, winded and thinking God get me out of here. Young pride !!!

keith

Back