• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

FAVOURITE BOOK OF MEMOIRS OF 1900-1930s?

Ls48029

knowlegable brummie
Hello everyone, firstly I would like to give my thanks as always for anyone who has helped me on a previous thread and anyone responding to this new line of enquiry. I was hoping to do some reading on life in the back to backs in the period 1900-1931, ideally memoirs. Has anyone read anything like this that they would like to recommend? do you have a favourite book covering this period of Birmingham's history?
In terms of geography this 'branch' of the family tree were around Hurst, Irving and Latimer Street during this time, so if there are collected memoirs of other texts which are concentrate on this approximate area, so much the better!
Thanks again in advance.

Back