• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

family names/Nechells,Duddeston

sylvia

proper brummie kid
Wright,Patrick,Kirkham/Knight,Russell
Gt.Lister St.,Elliot St.
Grandad Kirkham had barbers shop in Gt. Lister St.in 1940's traded under the name of Knight.

Sylvia - I have lots of Knights in my tree stuff - I will sit and write a list later on names,years and addresses etc.. that I have collected so far and will PM them to you - we never know??

(sorry stuck for time now need to trawl Tesco's :tickedoff:)

:angel: Sylvia, our very own 'Cromwell' (His member name) is a 'Knight' from around that area, drop him an email or PM and he may be of help.

Chris :angel:

thanks for your message Elizabeth. My Knight connection through my Grandfather comes from Fulham London, so would be surprised if I can connect to your Knight interests. It would be lovely and as you say you never know!!

Thanks for your kind suggestion Pomgolian. My Grandfather used the name of Knight for business purposes. It comes from his stepfather whose family is all connected with Fulham not Birmingham. So am not hopeful of a connection with Cromwell but of course you never know,do you?

Sylvia - thanks for that (saved me a job listing my people ha ha) mine are B'ham midlands etc... and still very much a work in progress etc.. - if I spot anything from that way I shall let you know - but so far my family seem very much midlands based for now!!
My searches are spreading further away now as I am finding births in Cambridge, Glassgow, Abingdon etc.. now I got back to early 1800's - seems my roots are from further away. Seems my family members moved towards Brum with industry later in 1800's onwards - interesting seeing where some lines originated isn't it?

Wasn't there a Kevin on here researching Knights too a while ago?? I can't remember who he posted as - but am sure his name was Kevin (OK it's hot here too - my mind might be playing tricks? :2funny:)

Good Luck - I hope you find them!! :)

You are right Sylvia - Bestcover is a Knight - can't think how I came up with Kevin ha ha but knew there were others!!

(Maybe off Genesreunited - maybe a Kevin contacted me from there?? - easy mixed up in my long searches isn't it? )

Thanks to all who have responded to my post. I have to go away for a week back Monday the31st July. So if anyone else wishes to contact me about these names and dont get a reply, I will respond as soon as I get back.

Oo er, you've got me interested now :) Does anyone have a Harriet Selina Knight, she married a man named Clarke.

barrie.

I am indeed - have been awol from the forum for a little while - my lot were Aston, Small Heath & Bordeley and into canals and coal.

Tony Knight (aka Bestcover)

elizabeth1 said:
You are right Sylvia - Bestcover is a Knight - can't think how I came up with Kevin ha ha but knew there were others!!

(Maybe off Genesreunited - maybe a Kevin contacted me from there?? - easy mixed up in my long searches isn't it? )

Elizabeth.  May l be permited to ask you if you have a George Knight in your collection who lived in Coleman Street and was married to a Selina May ????
Thank you for any help you can render to me.
                                                                             Ernie.

PS. The smileys seem to put themselves on my posting, dont ask me how.

Can I post this again please. Does anyone have a Harriet Selina Knight, married to George E Clarke in 1916?

Ernie - I haven't seen a George Knight amongst my people yet - there isn't any Selina's either - I am working on these people still and have made a note of you looking for these names - if I spot anything I shall come back and let you know - cause my tree stuff is changing fast now as I just made a huge connection with my Knights - so we may come across it - we never know!!

Back