• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Electoral rolls or registers

KINS

knowlegable brummie
Hi fellow members
Could anyone please confirm or otherwise that these registers are only available online from 1912 to 1955 (ie on Midlands Historical Data) or is there anywhere else I can find info. Many thanks KINS

That is correct. I have no knowledge of them being available elsewhere, other than at the relevent Birmingham local libraries.

I thought not, but thanks. Will have to take a visit to Birmingham one of these days as I now live in the South West.

Before 1912 and after 1955 for several members of the family tree. Thanks for replying anyway.

Before 1912 it depends on which part of Birmingham you want because it was not unified to what it is now, and parts were in Worcestershire, Staffordshire or Warwickshire for electoral purposes.
On the open shelves in the Central Library book form they start in a proper sequence from the 1920's . Prior to 1911 the are mostly on microfilm unless they have changed things since I was last there.

Again many thanks Mike for your help. I definitely need to make a visit to Birmingham then. I will get it sorted. KINS

Back