• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Dudley Diary

MWS

from Bham
Not quite Bham but may be of interest...

...though it didn't take much time to work out that she was Lilian Harriet Green, daughter of Albert Louis Green and Harriet Fuggle. That her father died when she was young, that she had an unnamed sister (died young) and a brother, Lewis Charles.

That the Harry was likely to be her husband Harry Edward Hammond, m1942 and probably had no children with him dying in 1979 and she in 1999. And her brother Lewis probably dying in 1959 Barnsley.

There is a mention of a Sister Ellen Langford…Nun dies after fall, accidental death, age 76 of Nazareth House, Lickey Rd,
Rednal.
Birmingham Post. Jan 1974.

Last edited:
Hi,

Well, what a coincidence. Although I lived in Birmingham for 67 years before returning to East Anglia in 2017,
I was born and lived in Southwold until I was 7 , - two roads away from St Edmunds Road.

I wonder if Sister Langford was connected with the Sacred Heart RC Church in Wymering Road Southwold.

Also perhaps the connection with Lillian Green or perhaps both of them was St Felix RC School, in Reydon,
the next village, which would have been an easy walk from St Edmunds Road.

Kind regards
Dave

Back