• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

David McCallum: The Man from U.N.C.L.E. actor dies aged 90

I think he made a short appearence in NCIS only about a year ago, though hadn't been in it regularly for about 3 or 4 years

I remember David McCallum. He was making a film for Harlech Television called Kidnapped, by R.L. Stevenson. We were there, as the local fire brigade to supply a water supply which was located at Dartmouth, to simulate a storm at sea. David was not on set that day and being bored he decided to cook lunch for the actors, crew and us. I think it was sausage and mash; sausages were definitely part of it anyway. We dined out on that far a while, as they say.
He will be remembered to his many and enjoyable films. RIP David. +++

How I enjoyed him as Illya Kuryakin in the "Man from Uncle" as a lad (did anyone else collect those bubble gum cards back then? ;)), he was so "cool". That really was a great show and I also remember his roles in Colditz and The Great Escape. RIP David and thanks for those memories.

1695728342843.png 1695728459554.png 1695728572389.png

Back