• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Copywriting a family tree

I thought as long as someone isn't profiteering, then your free to use whatever. If there is no personal, social or other gain then surely that can't be copyright. With things like pictures if there is an infringement then all they can do is ask that it is removed. They cannot do anything more until they have shown all reasonable efforts to get the offender to desist.

And the letter would be a cease and desist order.

plus as you say there is no copyright notice on the pictures

thanks warren..thats what i said in post 30...as long as no one is making any profit or gain....although this copyright thing has always been a grey area...

lyn...

Back