• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

BULLOCK FAMILY ASTON YEWTREE Road

morris

master brummie

hi i was wondering if anyone was related to bullock family in aston.they lived at 10 yewtree road for about 50 years
i have a cousin in australia who is trying to find any relatives as he is doing family tree
my grandfather was john bullock he married alice rebecca crowton.
He as traced crowton family back to 1500
he is now working on bullock side of family.
Reg morris

No knowledge of the Bullocks but my 4xgreat grandmother was a Sophia Crowton b1775 in Cuddington, Bucks.

HI, INTERESTING TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR GRANDMOTHER AS THE CROWTONS WE HAVE RECORDS OF ALL CAME FROM CUDDINGTON. DO YOU KNOW ANY MORE INFO ABOUT HERE WHO SHE WAS MARRIED TO AND DID SHE HAVE ANY BROTHERS AND SISTERS,AND DO YOU KNOW HER PARENTS NAMES.ANY INFO ABOUT THEM WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED . DID YOU KNOW SOME OF THE CROWTON FAMILY WHERE MORMONS AND THEY IMIGRATED TO SALT LAKE CITY IN AMERICA IN 1887.MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS [email protected]. IF YOU SEND ME YOUR DETAILS I MIGHT BE ABLE TO SEND YOU ALL THE INFO I HAVE DATING BACK TO 1500
REGARDS REG MORRIS

More than one John Bullock born within a few years of each other, do you have marriage certificate from 1899 when he married Alice, it will have his fathers name.

Alice Rebecca Crowton born Birmingham 1882

1891 Grosvenor road, Aston

Joseph Crowton age 38
Louisa age 32
Mary ann 12
Alice Rebecca 9
Leah 5
all the above born Birmingham

Hello,

Sophia Crowton baptised 10 March 1775, was the illegitimate daughter of Sarah Crowton. I don't think she had any brothers or sisters. I think Sarah was baptised 26 June 1748, possibly the eldest daughter of William and Elizabeth Crowton. She died in 1782 and was buried on the 19 June 1782.

Sophia Crowton married Matthew Webb on 14 May 1795 and had at least 8 children. They were living in Cuddington in 1841, he was a Cordwainer. Matthew died in 1850 and Sophia in 1856, though I couldn't find her on the 1851 census.

I didn't know much about the Crowtons until last Thursday when I visited Aylesbury Records Office. I have discovered a little since and since your first message and know a few went to the US. As well as Lancashire & Bham.

Thank you for your offer, I'll email you.

Hi Alberta,thanks for info. i have got marriage certificate of his father Charles Bullock who married Elizabeth Ingley in May 1866. many thanks reg morris

1911 census has Joseph Hiriam Crowton, his wife Louisa and their granddaughter Leah Louisa Bowerman living at 10 Yew Tree Road, Aston.
1920 electoral roll has Joseph Iram Crowton and John Bullock at 10 Yew Tree Road
1922 e/r Joseph Iram Crowton, John (the elder) Bullock, John (the younger) Bullock and George Yardley at 10 Yew Tree Road and as you already know John Bullock lived there for several more years.

1911 census has Joseph Hiriam Crowton, his wife Louisa and their granddaughter Leah Louisa Bowerman living at 10 Yew Tree Road, Aston.
1920 electoral roll has Joseph Iram Crowton and John Bullock at 10 Yew Tree Road
1922 e/r Joseph Iram Crowton, John (the elder) Bullock, John (the younger) Bullock and George Yardley at 10 Yew Tree Road and as you already know John Bullock lived there for several more years.

Good Evening

My mother is Jennifer Crowton and belongs to the Crowton family in Birmingham. She has researched her strand of the family tree which takes her to The Crowton's in Cunnington.

I've made her aware of your conversation on here and she is very excited ! She will be in contact with the information that she has found out and I can imagine that she will have lots of questions too!

With kind regards

Wendy x

​A few of the Crowton family immigrated to salt lake city in America,as they were Mormons.
They were members of the hockly later day saint church.
A good place to research them is on the mormon records site.
Reg morris

Hi Alberta,thanks for info. i have got marriage certificate of his father Charles Bullock who married Elizabeth Ingley in May 1866. many thanks reg morris

I have a birth certificate for Charles and Elizabeth's son Thomas Isaac he was born 16th August 1874 they lived at back 36 Webster Street, Aston Manor. Charles occupation was a canal boatman.

I also have Thomas Isaac marriage certificate he married Anne Maria Taylor 13 March 1893 they both lived at 92 New Summer Street. On the Certificate by the side of Charle's name it is written deceased.

I have a birth certificate for Charles and Elizabeth's son Thomas Isaac he was born 16th August 1874 they lived at back 36 Webster Street, Aston Manor. Charles occupation was a canal boatman.
Hi Adele could you send me this certificate regards Reg morris

Hi Adele ,
I sent the information you sent me on bullock family to my cousin in Australia.He has replied to say he can see links in our family's, but it as shown up a few faults on his charts. He was wondering if he could e mail you to talk about some details. He was really interested in the boatmen you sent us, as we knew we had some in family . My cousins name is john, perhaps he can help you also in your search
Kind regards reg

Hello. I am trying to find out more about the family of Joan Evelyn Bullock. She married Herbert Keynes and died in 2013. She had 4 children by her husband. At some time before her marriage she was a housekeeper in Aston. I wonder if any of her Bullock family are still around the Birmingham area.

Back