• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Barnett Elijah Looking for 1900

There are 3 Dudley births that could fit William. I am in Worcester tomorrow (visiting my mum who unfortunately fell and broke her femur and pelvis last Friday), if I have time I will call in to the library to see if one of these births has a mum Mary and dad Emanuel.

Births Mar 1892
Barnett
William

Dudley
6c

Births Jun 1892
Barnett
William Henry

Dudley
6c

Births Dec 1892
Barnett
William

Dudley
6c

I have also found A Elijah Barnett on the Soldier,veteran and Prisoner Rolls and lists. It doesnt give me much information but it could explain the word on top of the widow on the marriage certificate. Perhaps Elijah was a prisoner or missing in action.I am intrigued.

Bewdley perhaps you could have a look at Emmanuel Barnett birth december qtr 1893 Dudley 6c 130, whose death is recorded in 1894.
It may say that his father Emmanuel is deceased.

Unfortunately the Barnett records aren’t held at Worcester they are held at the New Dudley Archives and Local History Centre, which doesn’t open until January 2014 https://www.dudley.gov.uk/resident/...itage/archive-and-local-history/the-big-move/

I found out that Emmanuel and Mary’s wedding took place at St John The Evangelist, Kates Hill. Registers are held at Dudley Register Office. Reference 203/006/481 should you want to order a copy.

As this is also the Church where she married James Mills it is possible that Emmanuel, her 1[SUP]st[/SUP] husband and baby son Emanuel (if Emanuel is their child) are buried there and also where William was baptised.

bewdley

Back