• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Athol Masonic Hall Severn Street

Text extracted from another thread.

I have done a bit of work on the Architect Henry Naden, he did a couple of buildings in and around Birmingham.

Henry Naden was a Birmingham Architect based at 54, Livery Street, Birmingham. He was responsible for designing several buildings, including;

Athol Masonic Hall, 60 Severn Street, Birmingham banqueting hall. Decorated with Stars of David, was added for the Freemasons in 1871-2. The Torah Ark was retained by the Freemasons with only slight modifications. It's handsome, fluted Doric columns and classical entablature remain. The Master's Chair is placed in the former Torah Ark niche.

Has anyone a picture of this?

Back