• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Artefacts placed in building foundations

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks..couldnt find a thread for this so i have posted it here....

only 8 george V bronze pennies were made available...3 are in museums...3 are placed under the foundation stones of buildings built in that year..and there is this one..which was up for sale i would say about 10 years ago as this is an old newspaper cutting.....that leaves only one to find....i recall when as young girl my dad saying...look out for a 1933 coin but i always thought it was the old threepenny bit he was on about....anyhow i was too busy spending my money on sweets rather than checking out the date of coins...lol

i would imagine quite a few of you are aware of this but i thought it would be nice to post it for those who dont....

guess whos digging over the garden asap....

sorry if its a bit blurry maybe someone would kindly try and sharpen it up a bit...

astoness

Last edited:
hi david..you have got it to the colour the print would have been originally but its stilly blurry...could be me eyes though..lol...

thanks for having a go....

lyn

Lyn, or this, can't get it sharper you'll have to 'up' the resolution of your scan.

One was sold some years ago at Torquay Auction rooms for £10.000...Cat

hi cat..just reading that article again and one set was stolen from the foundations of one of the buildings in 1970.....

ps wish i had one.....

lyn

Back