• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

ARIEL ARROW V BUS CONDUCTRESS

Lynda Harvey

Brummie Born and Bred
Daves Motorbike

You were a terrible lad Dave. I hope your Mom gave you a damn good spanking!!!!!!!!! :roll: Oh well, I dare say we were all the same, but not half as bad as some of them today
Lynda

Dave,
Those Ariel Arrows with their twin cylinder, two stroke engines and a slipstream of smoke left behind, were lethal. :?

I had two friends who owned them. One night at the Crooked house in Himley, one had trouble starting. The other went ahead with a pillion. Rapid acceleration round a bend caused the pillion to slip off and be dragged along the road. He hadn't gone far when the second (delayed) Arrow came howling round the bend, over the pillion and through a hedge. :shock: Fortunately, the pillion wasn't fatally injured and came back as right as rain after about three months in hospital. :roll:

Daves Motor Bike

Well Dave
All I can say is that I must have been very lucky not to have 'bumped' into you on your travels. On reading your different letters, I think we may have lived in the same area. I lived in Abbey Road, off the Slade Road and my haunts in my youth were Stockland Green at the Plaza was it? Also I went to Slade road Junior and infants and then on to Erdington Hall Road Senior and then on to a school in Perry Bar that had a 6th form. Around about the time of your unfortunate accident I was a Student Nurse in Little Bromwich Hospital, but I could have waved at you whilst I was waiting for a no 65 in Steel House Lane to go home. Mind you, I was quite partial to a bike and I would have accepted a lift!
Lynda

Back