• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Another Grave uncovered family name HEAD.

W

Wendy

This memorial was actually found while looking for another in section C. It seems there are many graves buried in this area as well. The graves also do not appear on the memorial inscription list.

The grave family name is Head although it was difficult to read until it's uncovered properly. It looks like an early one 1840's and states the children were buried at Cannon Street Chapel.

Head_family_grave_at_Key_Hill_Cemetery_.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Wendy had a look for death of Head names in Birmingham from 1837-1850. One, or more of these could be your grave tenants.
[SIZE=+1]Sep 1842 [/SIZE]
HEAD Jane
[SIZE=+1] Mar 1845 [/SIZE]
HEAD Thomas
[SIZE=+1] Jun 1846 [/SIZE]
Head Elizabeth
[SIZE=+1]Jun 1850 [/SIZE]
HEAD Robert

I have also found three families in the area in 1841 census with family members of these names. Not sure if this is of any help...

Last edited:
Wendy let me know if and when you need more help and I will see what I can find for you. I would not have known about Rupert Beeley if it hadn't been for you and the folks at Key Hill, so only too happy to help in any way I can. :)

I just want to take a minute to say I think it is great what you are doing.

Thank you Carol without the support of the members and volunteers it wouldn't happen. My thanks to all concerned.

Thanks Chris for your help. x

Back