• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

All Saint's Church Kings Heath Lookups

KINS

knowlegable brummie
Would be pleased to know how to go about finding records of baptisms for the years 1905 -1912 at All Saints Church, Kings Heath:)
THANKS - KINS

All Saints church Kings Heath parish records are held at the Birmingham Reference Library in the city centre. I am due to go there during the latter part of this forthcoming week. Is there anything in particular that you want looking up as i may have a bit of spare time to do so when i go?

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve
Many thanks for your reply and your offer to help if you have enough time. The baptism I am looking for at All Saint's Church, Kings Heath is for a Nellie Latham born 18 January 1912 to Emily at 1 Lode Lane, Warks. Her sister and brother born August, 1905 and October,1907 respectively were baptised at All Saints. Due to their mother's ill health they were placed in Middlemore so the records are somewhat scant. Nellie was adopted in 1919. Thanks again.
Regards KINS

The family,with Emily,single, whose occupation was "charing", were at 2 Sunnyside, Leamington Road, Balsall Heath, Birmingham in 1911.

Last edited:
Hello ladylinda
Thanks for that information; I haven't yet got access for the 1911 census with Ancestry. I gathered that Emily was single and lived in the Sparkhill,Sparkbrook or |Balsall Heath area. I have clicked on the wrong "thing" tonight and may have unsubscribed from this thread but I hope not. Regards - KINS

Hi Steve
It is so good of you to spend time trying to help and I am sorry that the result for Nellie was negative. The photo details I think are for LARKHAM as opposed to Latham though the name of Emily was Nellie's mother's name but unfortunately don't feel there is a connection. Thanks again for your help - very much appreciated.
Regareds - KINS

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page Births Mar 1909 LATHAM Charles Henry Birmingham 6d198

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Steve;
As yet I have no reason to think there is any connection for my tree for Charles Henry Latham but thanks for your help anyway.
Cheers - KINS

The family,with Emily,single, whose occupation was "charing", were at 2 Sunnyside, Leamington Road, Balsall Heath, Birmingham in 1911.

It looks like our great grandparents shared this house>

Hi just searched 1911 census & found my great grandmother & father lived at this address then. Jessie Milsom Burges husband Stanley Frederick frank, my nan Jessie Beatrice, Great auntie (Doll) Doris Ivy & great uncle Frederick Frank who i never knew about.

Listing:

Stanley Frederick Frank BurgessHead188130MaleMarriedIronworkerBath, Somerset2 Sunnyside, Leamington Rd, Balsall Heath, Birmingham
Jessie Milsom BurgessWife188031FemaleMarried10JapennerBrighton, Sussex2 Sunnyside, Leamington Rd, Balsall Heath, Birmingham
Jessie Beatrice BurgessDaughter19038FemaleBirmingham2 Sunnyside, Leamington Rd, Balsall Heath, Birmingham
Fredrick Frank BurgessSon19056MaleBirmingham2 Sunnyside, Leamington Rd, Balsall Heath, Birmingham
Doris Ivy BurgessDaughter19092FemaleBirmingham2 Sunnyside, Leamington Rd, Balsall Heath, Birmingham
NameRelation to HeadBirth DateAgeGenderMarital StatusOccupationBirth PlaceAddress

Emily LathamHead187833FemaleSingleCharingAston Birmingham, Warwickshire2 Sunnyside, Leamington Rd, Balsall Heath, Birmingham
Alice LathamDaughter19065FemaleKings Heath, Warwickshire2 Sunnyside, Leamington Rd, Balsall Heath, Birmingham
George LathamSon19083MaleKings Heath, Warwickshire2 Sunnyside, Leamington Rd, Balsall Heath, Birmingham

Back