• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

64 Varna Road / 1 Princess Road (1928)

Jonathan Blakeman

proper brummie kid
Hi there,

I was hoping somebody could help me with a map and house numbers for the above mentioned properties. I think it was mikejee who helped me recently with a similar request for Bishops Avenue.

I've located a relative at these properties in 1928 through to about 1931 and just wanted to demonstrate their proximity to each other with the properties highlighted/coloured.

1 Princess Road and 64 Varna Road (Balsall Heath).

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan

A bit of a distance so two maps. First from 1950 with numbers, no. 1 Princess Road looks like it is on Belgrave Road but it is marked with a 1 so this must be it. No. 64 Varna Road is just about on the map, bottom left.

Second map is from 1938 and has no numbers but shows both houses, I think I've marked no. 64 correctly.

0 - Varna Road.jpg 0 - Varna Road.jpg

Thanks so much and also for the quick reply. Much appreciated. I'm just trying to piece together a family members story including the places he lived, so thanks again.

Back