• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

1911 census place of birth

Also elusive, can't see any definite sign of John Edward after his birth. His birth has a mmn, Spellman, but it appears to be the only one and no obvious marriage. Impossible to connect him to William with any certainty.

It may be certificates are the only option (marriage then birth) but if William fibs to cover his possible illegitimacy then even then that might not help. If the dob of the Peterborough birth certificate is 15 Aug then that would be something concrete.
I can't see any other children registered as Hayes with mmn Spellman either.

Thank-you all so much for your help with this, my cousin who was researching the Hayes family lived next door to my family in the 50s in Parliament Street, he does not own a computer and had been paying to have research done. I last saw him 6 years ago at my mother's funeral and went to visit him on Monday, he is amazed at the fact that he has learned more in the last 48 hours than he did in the last 12 months. I always knew that the 3 families next door to each other in Park Lane were related (143 Keight, 145 Burton, 147 Hayes) but this added information about the Hayes family is great addition to my research also.

Back