• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

Help Needed Please

Hi Astoness, Old Boy did answer to your query. The problem is when he hit 'quote' or 'reply' he typed his answer within the quote. If you click on the pink quoted text, in his post, you will see his reply "Hi Lyn, The dates of birth of both Eldred and Wilfred seem wrong according to their ages...
  2. P

Researching My Grandfather

It may be a little hard to find anything specific on the bombing of Ludlow Road. From Wiki 'As with most provincial cities bombed during the Blitz, reports of the bombing were kept low key. Wartime censorship meant that Birmingham was not mentioned by name in contemporary news reports about the...
  3. P

Researching My Grandfather

On the 1939 mini census Walter is living at 71 Ludlow Road. He is a railway loader, goods, heavy worker. It shows there is an Ada Canter living with him. Ada's profession is entered as unpaid domestic. Ada's surname of Canter has been crossed out and Burton written in its place. This means Ada...
  4. P

Hagley Road

Just over a week ago we went over to Coventry to my uncles 90th. We came back that way heading for Worcester. We got stuck in a bit of traffic just at that point. Strange how that stuck in my head when nothing else seems to. Took me ages going up and down Hayley Road on google street view to...
  5. P

Hagley Road

Is it the one on Hagley Road?
  6. P

Picture Restoration

I would like to thank you all on behalf of my friend. She is absolutely over the moon with the way you have restored her pictures. So from my friend and I, thank you all very very much.
  7. P

Picture Restoration

Thank you Lyn.
  8. P

Picture Restoration

Wow Lilly, these are fantastic. You even managed to get an image from the little very dark picture. You are all amazing, and so quick too. Thank you all so much.
  9. P

Picture Restoration

Wow oldmohawk that is excellent my friend will be over the moon. It has also taken a weight off my shoulders too, which is needed at the moment. Thank you
  10. P

Picture Restoration

Thank you very much Postie, that is 100 times better than it was :)
  11. P

Picture Restoration

This one may be impossible o_O
  12. P

Picture Restoration

I will do when I get home this evening. Thank you.
  13. P

Picture Restoration

Hi, I've been handed 4 pictures by a friend, some are in a bad way. I was asked if I could do anything with them. I only have 'PhotoFiltre' and well, that is almost useless. Yesterday my father was taken into hospital with a suspected stroke, I really don't have the time now to try and do...
  14. P

Drayton Cecil

Thought I would pop in and give an update Re: Cecil Drayton There was a mini census done in 1939, this has just become available to view. I thought I would try looking for him. There was no Cecil Drayton to be found. But..... I did find a Cyril Drayton born 27 Feb 1896. His profession...
  15. P

Can someone do something with this please?

WOW you lot are good, each time you lot amaze me. This must be the 3rd picture i've put in and it's come back absolutely brilliant. Thank you all very much for your time and effort, it's greatly appriciated. Thank you all again Terry
  16. P

Can someone do something with this please?

I received this last night, it's of my grt grandfather, John Humphries b.1865 Chaple Hill, Brierley Hill, Kingswinford, d.1922 his wife out-lived him by 51 years, dying in 1973 aged 102 yrs and 7 days
  17. P

is this to far gone to clean up

Kevkonk, you've done it again, thats brilliant. Strange how a little colour helps to bring them to life. Thank you very much
Back