• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

Wright, Alice

That's brilliant..thanks for all your help
  2. R

Wright, Alice

Thanks for reply and sorry I've taken so long to reply. Although I have quite a lot about James' first wife, Alice's origins seem a bit more vague. I don't have the marriage certificate as I'm trying to get as far as I can without spending money! But it's rapidly approaching that point. I have a...
  3. R

Wright, Alice

Alice Wright was my great grandmother, 2nd wife of James Henry Alexander. She seems to have been born about 1872 and they married about 1897. They were living in Handsworth in 1901 and Wylde Green in 1911.She had 2 daughters: Elsie (b.1898) and Lily (born 1905). I'm trying to trace back to her...
  4. R

ALEXANDER James Henry

That's brilliant...thanks a lot. I'd found the census record but not the marriage record. The Chase continues!
  5. R

ALEXANDER James Henry

Many thanks, but I'm not sure about Mary Elizabeth Bushell. I think I've tracked down her and the marriage you mention, but can't find any link to James Henry Alexander. Please could you tell me where you found the name from as I can find out all sorts about this lady but no mention of James...
  6. R

ALEXANDER James Henry

Thanks, that's been very helpful. I'm now trying to go a bit further back, and sideways, and have hit a block. It appears that James Henry Alexander was the child of James Alexander (imaginative naming), b about 1826 and Phoebe (or Pheboe) born in 1830 and died about 1887ish. I can't trace her...
  7. R

ALEXANDER James Henry

I'm trying to find some background to my grandmother's family. She was Elsie Alice Alexander, born in 1899 and was married at Boldmere Parish church on July 29th 1922 to Harold George Benton. Her father was James Henry Alexander of 81 Boldmere Road. I believe she had at least 1 sister but do not...
Back