• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. K

Summer Lane Pubs

Many thanks for the info Mike
  2. K

Summer Lane Pubs

Hi Mike can I be a pain and ask if you know if 298 Summer Lane was a pub in 1851? Thomas Showell is shown on the census as a licensed victualler living there.
  3. K

Crescent Wharf

Many thanks for the map. I can see now where the street meets with the wharf.
  4. K

Crescent Wharf

Just had another look at the certificate and I think it is Cambridge St. Does anyone know if that is Kingston Wharf please?
  5. K

Crescent Wharf

Hi I have just seen on a baptism certificate my great grandmother lived in Kingston Wharf in 1889. Do you know if there was a Burbridge Street there?
  6. K

Lost streets of birmingham

That makes more sense! Many thanks...
  7. K

I have just had another look at the birth certificate and it might be Curzon Street! Is that in Aston?
  8. K

Hi I know this is an old thread but does anyone know of a Curron st in Aston? My Grandmother was born there in 1886 (she was one of the Showell family) Katrina
  9. K

Quinton buildings

I have just found out my Great Grandparents lived in No 8 Quinton Buildings in 1911. Sounds like it was an awful place to live.
  10. K

Inkerman St Vauxhall

Does anyone know of the Edwards family who lived at 61 Inkerman Street in Small Heath in 1950?
  11. K

St Edburgha's Church Yardley

Hi I have been in touch today with the church for my own family research. The grave stones have been removed but there is a site plan in the office which may help. I am looking for the Showell family who attended the church in the 1700's to the 1800's.
  12. K

H.P Sauce Birmingham

We used to live near there and my school was also nearby. The stench used to be awful.................
  13. K

D.N.A. TESTING

I tested my DNA with Ancestry because I have a total brick wall with my dad's side of the family. I know my paternal grandmother was Rosina Showell (from the Birmingham brewers the Showells} but all I know of my paternal grandfather James Frederick Edwards is he was born in Westminster and his...
  14. K

Royal Warwickshire Regiment

I have recently been told that the Royal Warwickshire Regimental museum has been moved from St Johns in Warwick to the registrars building in Warwick for those who are doing research............
  15. K

Amphlett

Many thanks, I had looked but couldn't find her.
  16. K

Listed Buildings in Aston Ward.

We had a meeting of long lost cousins in The Bull today over a very nice lunch. Still going strong after Rose the landlady's retirement. Owned in the 1800's by my 4 x grandfather Joseph Showell and his family.
  17. K

Amphlett

Hi does anyone know anything about a lady named E M Amphlett who I think lived on the Hagley Road at some time and who wrote letters to soldiers during WWI? She may have been connected to the church or to a society called Band of Hope.
  18. K

Inkerman St Vauxhall

Does anyone remember the Edwards family from 61 Inkerman Street about 1957?
  19. K

Hi Pauline I have the will. If you email me on [email protected] I will send it to you rather than via the forum for privacy.
  20. K

I have attached his medal files.
Back