• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. H

Visit on Friday afternoon

I booked up for a visit last week.the next date availble was Jan 2019
  2. H

Sundays Itv Victoria

How did they manage to show episode 3 again instead of 4 Hope some one gets the boot.Manage to see 4 on catch up Regards J H
  3. H

Air Raid 1941 Alum Rock

I have found a relative listed on Civilian deaths Ellen Gertrude Eeles died June 1941 she lived at 68 Pelham Rd Alum Rock Was she killed at this address or was it else where? I have looked at some sites listing air raids but Pelham Rd has been crossed out...
  4. H

Cadman Arthur James

I have Arthur on my Family Tree.he was born in Walsall 1903 It seems he went to Canada then America. on Ancestry there are 2 entrys Canada Arrivals Quebec 1919 to 1924 also U S Border Crossings from Canada at Niagra Falls. Unfortunatly I have not got world wide membership perhaps some kind...
  5. H

Avery Retired Employees Association

Sad to say that after some 25 years this club is closing down on 31 May. We used to meet every 2 weeks at the old Neetlefolds sports ground in Thimble Mill Rd. Age and illness have caught up with us.The present chairman can not continue and no replacement is available.most of the members are...
  6. H

Memorial to Romany Gypsies at Black Patch Park

Charlie Chaplin's son Unveiled Memorial to Romany Gypsies at Black patch Park.It is situated on a bridge over Hockley Brook inside the park.a foot path from Woodburn Rd takes you direct to the bridge.a steel fence protects the memorial.most of the entry's to the park have been blocked off Regards Jh
  7. H

The Chapel at Handsworth Cemetery

For over 12 months I have been trying to look inside the Chapel researching an Ancestor George Harold Faragher a soldier who died in 1919 I keep being told it is not ready to open.A vast amount has been spent on repairs but it is not open to the public.Just what is going on Regards J Hughes
  8. H

Who are these people

I know its a long shot but is it possible to identify the adults in this photo.the young lad is myself aged about 6 yrs old.that would make the photo about 1936 possibly Kings Heath or Cotteridge Regards John Hughes
  9. H

Picture restoring

2 more of W F Hughes 1920
  10. H

Picture restoring

I have a photo of my father William Frederick Hughes b 1899 taken in 1920 on the North West Frontier He was in the RAF is it possible to brighten it up? Regards John Hughes
  11. H

Picture restoring

I have a photo of my mother taken about 1928 with her dog Bonzo.She was Sarah Elizabeth Hughes(Jones) b 1901 in cotteridge Its very dark can it be brightened up? Regards John Hughes
  12. H

Photo brush up

Can this photo of my Father William Frederick Hughes b 1899 be lightened up It was taken about 1920 in The North West Frontier(Afghanistan) he was in The Royal Flying Corp(RAF)
  13. H

Ninds Garage Pershore Rd 1920-30

I have some photos of the garage at 1214 Bristol Rd and with luck i can post them JH
  14. H

George Harold Faragher died 1919

I would like to post a photo of a dedication to him issued by the war graves Commission .Its a pity they did not run to a head stone for him.He was burried in a un-marked grave John Hughes
  15. H

Ninds Garage Pershore Rd 1920-30

On a photo of this garage 1514 Pershore Rd possibly in the 1930's there is a painted sign advertising Pratts,what would be their business? possible no 1512 How long did the Nind garage last Can some kind sole have a look at Kellys Regards John Hughes
  16. H

Pratt and Nind,Dealer/Grocers

I am lead to understand a relative of mine Francis Horace Nind b 1879 had a shop,possibly in Stirchley 1924 Can anyone supply any more deails Regards John Hughes
  17. H

A non playing DVD disc

My Dvd was not playing and I was going to dump it,as a last resort I did a Goolge search looking for tips A answer came up wash it in plain washing up liquid.2 washes a rinse and drying and it plays as good as new.I have even made a copy as stand by I am going to look at some more which do not...
  18. H

PDF Images - how to post

I have a image on Pdf which will not post,how do I convert to JPG or JPeg etc Regards John Hughes
  19. H

Handsworth Cemetery Private George Harold Faragher

Private George Harold Faragher died 1st March 1919 aged 19 He was buried 10th March Using a web site Find a Grave.it gives plot:Screen Wall.8 2256 this means plot 8 grave 2256 but what does Screen Wall mean? Regards John Hughes
  20. H

Thomas Faragher

Thomas Faragher name is on the National roll of the Great War he served in France from 1914 to Nov 1918 he was wounded 3 times and won several medals.his address was given as 10 Waverley Avenue, Icknield St,Hockley,Bham.Who else would have been at this address?after 1919. Regards John Hughes
Back