• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

Old street pics..

Hi Alan, have tried other family members but nobody is sure when Roy sold the shop, best guess is early nineties as he would have been sixty in 1989. we have a picture of Frank's shop that somebody sent us and will try and post it to this thread, might not work though! Regards Brian
  2. B

Old street pics..

More info, Pam has just gone through her family history papers and found that Frank Trippas died on the 1st November 1973. He was still working in October 1969 as he made our wedding cake. Still trying to find out when Roy sold the business.
  3. B

Old street pics..

Hi Alan, not sure at the moment, Pam will contact other family members. Frank's son was Roy (not Ray) who unfortunately is now in his late 80s and is in a home suffering from dementia. Barbara (Frank's eldest child), who also worked in the shop, died before Christmas and her funeral was...
  4. B

Old street pics..

The shop was owned by my wife's late uncle Frank Trippas and, after he retired, his son Roy ran it until it closed when he retired.
  5. B

Bournville Schools

Just looked at this picture it shows my wife's sister Sheila Wood on the bottom row third in after the two lads.
  6. B

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

Re: re Cadbury's Hi Sheri, she was Pam Wood then (as I said, born in 1948 so 65 now) and had a sister Sheila who was 13 years older (but died in 1992 from breast cancer); her parents were Lil and Len Wood.
  7. B

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

Re: re Cadbury's Hi Sheri, My wife was born at 67 Mulberry Road (lived there 1948 to 1969) and knew Mrs Blackham who lived at No 73, next to Mr & Mrs Nicholls at 71 and Mr & Mrs Bunce at 75. Brian
  8. B

Balsall Heath.

Does anyone remember a bakers shop in Lincoln Street, near the juction with Edward road? It was owned by Fitters Bakers and run by my wife's Uncle and Aunt, Albert and Nellie Newton, in the 40s, 50s & 60s. Also, does anyone have any pictures of this street?
  9. B

Geach Street

They are there but need to click on to see them for some reason to see them! Perhaps I'll work out how to do it properly one day!
  10. B

Geach Street

Good grief it worked that time. Let's see if I can put on the pictures of my nan Whitmore.
  11. B

Geach Street

My post did not show most of the photos I put on so here's trying again.These are the first three again. No idea where the third one is.
  12. B

Geach Street

Hi, just joined forum and have these pictures of Geach Street (?) that my Dad took on Coronation day (along with those on post 5). Believe the first is looking up street from the end of our entry (lived at 2/11, next to grandparents at 1/11) away from Summer Lane; Second is outside the Geach...
Back