• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Carol Rushton

Newman Tonks - Newtown

Hi did yu know anyone who worked and was caretaker for William Newman's before it was taken over by Tonks . My Grandfather Denis Collett and his family lived on the premises! My mother told me she often went there and took my cousins there to explore the factory, and different areas! Its A kids...
  2. Carol Rushton

Up The Terrace, Down Aston And Lozells By Ronald K Moore

Hi I would see more pictures of geach street and Elma street and know where william bros were on the map..Thanks Suzie'
  3. Carol Rushton

Geach Street

Hi I am looking for anyone that might have known the Collett's family at N0. 42 Geach Street. I know they were there around the 1939 but not sure how long they lived there..I know my mom told me about my Grandad being a care taking as he got older for either William Newmans or Norman Tonks...
  4. Carol Rushton

Alma Street School

Ah thank yu I'm also looking for information relating to Newman's Tonks as my grandad was care taker suex
  5. Carol Rushton

Red House Park

She was the wife of who ever owned the land around the Scott's area..My dad was born in Villa type house by the motorway was born in the 1925 No 92 Birmingham Rd he luv history and study as much about Great Barr and Lady Scott.When she left certain areas of great Barr to the people of Great...
  6. Carol Rushton

Alma Street School

looking for newmans and Geach street, Alma Street, Bridge Street and Guilford Street my mom lived around there! My Grandad was caretaker for Newmans which i believe it was near the police station I think! Anyone can help?
  7. Carol Rushton

Red House Park

Yes had Charlotte had survived our history would have been a very different story all together.. Lady Scott gave a lot of her land to her people of Great Barr In those days Great Barr was the local areas of Scott's Area. Not the extended area our councils added over the years. Quite sad how...
  8. Carol Rushton

Scott Arms, Great Barr

Hi I am looking for anyone who has any memorabilia regarding the old Scott Arms, back in the day before all the changes happened. Especially when the motorway, Jnct 7 had a massive effect on this once beautiful village!! My dad lived at 92 Birmingham road, and went to St Margaret's school and...
  9. Carol Rushton

Paynes shoe repairs

I wondering if they had anything to do with the Paynes shoes shop on the Walsall road Scott Arms in Great Barr. And wondered if you were connected to this branch or if so any photos available to see.. Many thanks Suzie'
  10. Carol Rushton

Bakeries

Hi Master Brummie looking for photos of the old Scott Arms shopping area Wimbushes in particular was on the corner where Halfords came..There was Mason, Wrenson, Paynes, Municipal bank, before it became TSB Not sure i have right name but i think there was a barbers/grocers either called Inckes...
  11. Carol Rushton

Bakeries

12. Carol Rushton

Wimbush Bakery

Hi I'm looking for anyone who remember Wimbushes at the Scot Arms on the queslett rd, where Halfords was! Can anyone direct me to original map of Scott Arms shops..Would luv to see any original pictures.. Many Thanks all so luv this site!
  13. Carol Rushton

Red House Park

I feel very sad and angry to think that lady Scott gave the poeple, her land.. Especially, Red House Park, House and that of St Margrets Hospital. Not for those in monetary power to use it to profit from! Shame on them! She'll be turning in her grave, if could see the mess of her once beautiful...
  14. Carol Rushton

Wilkins Catherine (Kate) /Fenemore/Harley

I will look back on his Ancestry site I know there is Scottish connections on his side.. he married my nan Winnifred Kate who was Phillips they were from montgomeryshire..Dad was born in harbourn so an aunt told me..Also Looking for Collett, from Aston in Brum..McDonald, Irish and Scottish...
  15. Carol Rushton

Wilkins Catherine (Kate) /Fenemore/Harley

I am on ancestry will take a look for yu.. My father was Wilkins original from black country or Nottingham or Northampton not 100% sure.. My dad live in Great Barr Scott Arms before moving to Oswestry and sadly died in 1994 with cancer..Kind Regards Sue Rushton
  16. Carol Rushton

Tucker Eyelets

Re: Location Hi there, My Dad worked at tuckers has a tool setter Im not sure when he started but I know my brother and I went to the Christmas parties, photos show us about 6 and 8, I'll have look for them. My sister was too young to go. My Mom had T.B in 1967 and dad had to give up work to...
Back