• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. 33bus

1964film of the BULL RING ETC

A friend posted this film to me this morning,it may have been posted before ,but just incase it hasent ,I hope you enjoy,Tom Old video of brum Enjoy https://youtu.be/IFGLNvBMmBo
  2. 33bus

trying to find out any details of a stillbirth

Hi Rosiethankyou for that information ,I will certainly pass it on It was about 6mths ago when I made inquiries at the Hatfield registry office and it was the Assistant Registrar who gave me the information I would sugest its the information that is on the certifcate which is open to misusetom
  3. 33bus

trying to find out any details of a stillbirth

Hi Heathy 72 I made some enquiriesfor a friend about her mothers still birth in the 1950s here at Hatfield in Hertfordshire .I was told that I would have to see the assistant Registrar ,who informed me that under NO circumstances ever would any information and certainly no certificates would...
  4. 33bus

Ear cleansing.

I looked at this thread ywsterday and have been trying to remember a song by Spike Jones and his city Slickers ... About Grannys fly soap ,one of the verses says something like .."THEY PUT GRANNYS FLY SOAP IN HIS EARS , AND HE HASNT HEARD A THING IN YEARS ".... does anyone else remember it ...
  5. 33bus

Elkington St. School photo

Re: Elkington St. School photo 12months to early for me ,1940was my starting time my sister who was 6yrs older than me also went there ,we were both evacuated to Ashby dela Zouch .I was left on the railway station and finished up with some London families evacuees for 4days before my sister...
  6. 33bus

time flies on my computer

H iOisin I changed to ESET NOD32 last year and have been pleased the way it works in the background it was recommended to my son by his tech guy "Trouble shooters "Tom
  7. 33bus

thankyou Maurice for your reply , ive restarted 9 different times since the last time it malfunctioned and it seems ok at the moment but it will give me a little time to sort a price out ,thanks again Tom
  8. 33bus

Hi Bernie Thanks for your input I have Eset anti-virus which works away in the background ,when I first had it I kept checking that it was on but I cannot get my head around "why the clock"tom
  9. 33bus

having upgrades from window8 to windows 9(im begining to regret)on my Dell Inspiron-530 Vista firstly having trouble with IExplorer I switch to Firefox and the problem went away.now when I try to connect first thing I cannot get into my c/puter because my security is out of date after several...
  10. 33bus

My Sad Loss

So sorry at your sad news , our thoughts are with you Tom
  11. 33bus

Tower street

Hello Mike on your 1913map looking at the block of buildins opposite st George there is a long passage with a bend at the top it was a tunnelbuilt through the buildings my fathers foundry was up there leased from Barker Bros there was always arguments with the metal delivery drivers becaus of...
  12. 33bus

Air raid shelters

How deep . well I fell down the one in Blews st park 1940/41is I would suggest about10/12ft (OLD MONEY) and landed on a broken beer bottle I had about 12stitches Tom
  13. 33bus

Medicines Of The Past

Hi Pete MY DAD USED TO SWEAR BY SLOANS LINEMENT AS A CURE ALL HIS ARTHRITIC ELBOW MY FOOT BALL KNOCKS AND THE SMITHS ELECTRIC CLOCK IN THE FRONT ROOM WHICH STARTED TO SQUEAK, HE PUT A FEW DROPS IN THE BACK OF THE CLOCK IT STOPPED THE SQEAK BUT STAINED ALL THE CLOCK FACE.IT USED TO PONG QUITE A...
  14. 33bus

The borg resisting is futile

Hi Pete If you are with Virgin they have doubled their speed ratings for free Ie I was on UPTO 10 now UPTO 20 and its free(at the moment )??? Tom ps you had to shut your modem down for 10secs.
  15. 33bus

in defence of Dunkirk

Hi Oisin the massacre is on page 3 top right of page the actual battlesare on the other pages Ive posted the Cemetery at Calonne and the death dates go from 10-5 to29-5-1940Tom
  16. 33bus

in defence of Dunkirk

Hi Oisin Ive just tried it and its ok for me cheers tom https://www.ww2talk.com/forum/1940/24549-battle-massacre-wormhout-28th-may-1940-a-3.html Ive got windows mail on vista 2 and it works for me sorry folks Tom
  17. 33bus

calonne communial cemetery

I found my lost Uncle at rest amongst his fallen comrades at Calonne Cemetery .he wasnt connected to my family for long ,he married an aunt in 1937and he died on the 21-5-1940 very few if any of my generations know of him ,but they will now cheers Tom...
  18. 33bus

in defence of Dunkirk

I found this awful item whilst searching for my Uncle James Henry Green who died on the 21/501940 he was in the Royal Warwickshire Regiment 8 th Btn who were beining used as part of a defncive block to the advancing German forces there by buying time so that more troops could be saved at Dunkirk...
  19. 33bus

Birmingham Schools Football History / & photos

I Think you might find this site interesting in 1950Aldridge rddrew with Waverly Rd in the Villa cup and we beat Upper Thomas st at Ellisons ground I believe perry Barr our star player was Gerrald Carver who went on to play for Notts County he lived onthe Pheasey as did the goalie a Philip...
  20. 33bus

Rationing

I was born in 1935 and was known in the family as "the mobile dustbin "Id always had a "piece" of something or other inbetween meals most were scrumped, the bread 1/2 inch oneside a full inch the other ,jam,dripping.condensed milk with a sprinkling of cocoa(Id eat anthing that was going) its...
Back