• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The borg resisting is futile

mw0njm.

A Brummie Dude
Hello,all i like startrek.but when the borg take over my pc,it is getting to much. Today a message come on the screen saying you pc will shut down in 30 seconds.resisting is futile.it did and restarted with all my folders in a collective.i dont know if this is a virus.apart from doing this all seems ok. strange any one else had this happen? pete

no problems here,my pc is like my dog ,has a mind of its own,i`m just grateful that Microsoft never went into the car production industry !

No Pete [not yet that is]. Something came up the other day that said virtual memory is low and Pete got rid of loads of my face book messages. It crease my son up when I told him. I was not too impressed though. Still he thought he was doing right. Ed my dog is the same till I say one word. BED.

Pete can you state the exact words that you saw on screen please. I have looked for the words in your message but not really found anything that fits.

Hi Pete If you are with Virgin they have doubled their speed ratings for free Ie I was on UPTO 10 now UPTO 20 and its free(at the moment )???
Tom
ps you had to shut your modem down for 10secs.

bernie d boult. it said to finalize simulation win borg will reboot in 60 sec.resistance is futile

Tom we are with Virgin and Pete is going to do it too. I am useless when it comes to understanding these contraptions called computers. Jean.

Sorry Pete not had much luck. Winborg appears to be an XP operating system Clone.

Sorry I could not be of any help but hang around an expert will turn up soon.

I wouldn't say this is a normal occurrence and should not be expected under any conditions, so I reckon you have most likely got a virus infection. Have you run an antivirus scan?

oisin.ta for reply.i have run a scan and found nothing.i dont know how it got loaded.so i will have to do a re load of windows.i have tryd restore etc but no go.

Back