• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

Fox and Goose/ Hodge Hill.

Metro Cammell- The company was purchased by GEC Alsthom in May 1989; the Washwood Heath factory closed in 2005 and was demolished in early 2019.
  2. S

Metro+Cammell -The company was purchased by GEC Alsthom i n May 1989; the Washwood Heath factory closed in 2005 and was demolished in early 2019.
  3. S

Sorry that should be GEC not GkN.
  4. S

Yes there is, that. Looks likes the Metro Cammell (GKN) site as we know it today? Thank you .
  5. S

Thank you so much for that yes that's the one. I believe before it became the diary it was a small factory that made bicycle parts that's what I was trying to discover . Again thank you for your quick response and great info.
  6. S

Do any of you remember the name of the Dairy in Old Bromford Lane/ Bromford Road ? Just before the Fox and Goose Pub (opposite side). It was there in the late 50's and 60's that I know of. Would be happy if anyone remember the company name it was under.
  7. S

Wilshire

Thanks Brummie babbby, my search is definitely Wilshire.
  8. S

St Margaret's Church Ward End

Does anyone recognise this Wedding photo? It's at St Margaret's Church Ward End. It's in family photos but no one recognises anyone.
  9. S

Do You Recognise Anyone On This Photo?

Just found out the photo I have posted on this thread was taken at St Margaret's Church Ward End. Would love to find a home for it.
  10. S

Thanks Lynn maybe I'm posting on wrong thread, any suggestions?
  11. S

Does anyone recognise anyone on this Wedding photo? It's in family photos which no one recognises which is a shame. It's come from the Pelham Road/Alum Rock area, maybe someone will recognise it. Thank you
  12. S

Lime Tree Road Washwood Heath

Long shot but you never know. I am wondering if anyone knew Maud Collins who lived in Lime Tree Road Washwood Heath she was there in 1965 To my knowledge. Her parents also lived there Fred and Florence Collins . Any information would be appreciated, thanks!
  13. S

Wilshire

Thank you Maurice I do have all that information and I do know how he died. I will find the information that I am looking for from family descendants if I am fortunate to find any.
  14. S

Wilshire

Looking to trace Wilshire family members from Clifton Lane Aston Birmingham. Lilian Wilshire married Arthur Collins in 1935, sadly only married 3 months before his death. Looking for missing information on Arthur.
  15. S

Hope Family

Thank you for your reply. I have been successful in tracing the person that I wanted, the Hope family was her mother's side. When you do further research if you come across these names please contact me if I can help.
  16. S

Hope Family

I am hoping to contact any decendants of the Hope family ( Henry & Florence) that lived in Millhouse Road, Small Heath/Bordesley Green pre 1934. Particularly Doris Hope who married Frank Collins. I believe she had brothers Leonard Henry and Albert Charles. Doris and Frank lived in Somerville...
Back