• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

Electric Trams

Glad you like my photo, I worked at a photo studio in Harborne many years ago when a customer brought in the original for me to copy on a 5X4 inch plate copy camera.
  2. P

Electric Trams

Hello, I don't own the image I've uploaded and not sure if it belongs in this thread but thought some people on here might like to the bus !
  3. P

Dan Pawson and his Artesian Hall Stompers TO BE MOVED

Yes you should be able to obtain from, Contact: Mike Dine 20 Clifton Road. Welling. Kent. DA 16 1QA £12-50 inc p&p Cheque payable to M. Dine. Cheers & Beers, Spud.
  4. P

Tamworth field trainspotting

Hello Dave, Yes i did the Tamworth Field back in the mid 50's and i only remember cries of "Semi on the Main" which was either a Royal Scot, Princess, or Coronation class.Why the cry of "semi " I've never quite understood ! I remember "DELTIC" on the main coming through at speed and I threw my...
  5. P

Severn valley railway.

Hello again Lloyd, I've managed to scrap the van in my original photo..... "Just Like That" !! Thank you very much !
  6. P

Severn valley railway.

Thanks Lloyd..... for scrapping the van ! I have tried re-touching photos previously but made a mess of it . :rolleyes: Will now try again on Picasa photo workshop. Cheers, Paul.
  7. P

Severn valley railway.

I cycled today to Arley from my home in Bewdley, Last night I had too many beers at The Bewdley Beer Festival and thought the ride and all that fresh air would do me good !...... I was right ! Got a nice photo of one of the "Manors" crossing Victoria bridge,taken from Seckley Wood View point...
  8. P

These photos are more from the lost thread which I'm re-uploading. Sorry if any are "repeats" ! Spud.
  9. P

Here's the other photos, "The Shireland" in Smethwick was one of the last regular sunday night gigs we played.Here, a guy who would get up to sing only Al Jolson numbers, his nickname was "Frankie Wankie" who had only just been released from Winson Green prison. Sunday night at the London...
  10. P

Photos of pubs The Artesian Hall Stompers have played at over a few years ! Some of them I've taken from other web pages so quality is not too good.... More to follow on.
  11. P

Thanks Wendy for your comments, It has been a bit of a slog,especially for Lord Richard who started this thread. Here's that photo again which I now know was taken at the back of the Birmingham Rag Market. March 1972.We paraded from "The Birmingham Arms" to "The Imperial Hotel " in Temple Street.
  12. P

Bob, Re: Munich Gig. Spock borrowed the Double Bass from Joe Good,who I think lived somewhere near Bromsgrove. Also I'll repost photos here from "The Lost Thread" as requested by Richard. I can only upload 5 photos at one time,will repost others later. Spud.
  13. P

Here's a photo taken at "The Derbyshire Steam Fair" Hartington In the Peak District of summer 1990. From the Left>>>> Roger Bird. Tenor Sax, Mike Turner, Recently Deceased on Alto Sax,Me on Snare Drum, Dan Pawson,Trumpet,Paul Russell,Bass Drum & Leader of the Oriole Brass Band and Baz Hodgkinson...
  14. P

With reference to the photo taken at the back of the Birmingham Rag Market, March 1972. I've just spoken to Malcolm Arundel.....( Clive Deacons Cousin ) I gave him a copy of the photo in question and confirms it is Clive, AKA "Claude". He even remembers the overcoat he's wearing ! Case closed...
  15. P

I've been supplied the information and a further photo of that "Photo Query" in a earlier post of mine from Glyne Phillips,son of the recently deceased Barry Phillips. The occasion was the Demise of "The Birmingham Arms " Parade by The Tulane Brass Band to "The Imperial Hotel " on 23rd March...
  16. P

Severn valley railway.

I agree great shots taken by Ragga,It looks like you are looking down on a model railway ! But it Is Gods Wonderful Railway.I can clearly see Trimpley Reservoir ( shot 3 ) where I helped In the construction In 1966/1967. I have flown In a hot air balloon from the Safari Park to Stourport In...
  17. P

Here's a photo of "The Woodman" Ribbesford,near Bewdley where The Artesian Hall Stompers played......... and subsequently brought the house down !!! :D Spud.:MusicMarchingBand:
  18. P

Stan Stephens and myself played today, 16th April 09 at Barry Phillips funeral in Malvern Worcestershire. Barry was a good trombone player and friend of the Artesian Hall Stompers. At the Wake was some photos one of which I copied with my camera, I can identify Barry Phillips,Jim Wood.Dan...
Back