• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. C

Italy Star..medal

Looking for the Clasp for the Italy star 1939-1945.. need a few medals as I misplaced my grandfather's medals in a set of draws which was taken to the dump..I had no idea they were taken it was to late to get them back..my mistake. . Genuine..thanks..christy.
  2. C

Negatives

Hi.have a very dark Negative' Size 1&half ins wide Is there anyone on here who still does there own printing or Has a larger Scanner to view this Negative..& print this photo off..if Poss..Thanks..
  3. C

Johan Barrington

Any idea where Johan Barrington lived in Dorriage (Solihull)..johan was world Squash Champion back in the 70s..I worked on his house were many Celebites came to bis home..to train..it was lovely, fab Gardens..any idea were it was..thanks..
  4. C

Duke of Cornwalls Light Infantry 2nd Battalion WW2

Hi Forum..did your father or Gfather serve in the the Duke of Cornwall Light infantry..my Gfather joined in 1928-1947..was in India 7,years..I Have a Photo,it Says the 5,Brumies,Fab Photo, would like to know more,of my gfathers time,in the Army,also have some photos,with no names on,Regimental...
  5. C

Chip-Shop..on Bromsgrove st jct Gooch st North,,by Kent st Swimming Baths..late 60s/

Is it Possible to Have a Look-up of The Owner of the Chippy Next too Kent st Baths..in the Kellys Directory. late.60s or 70s..Please..
  6. C

Asia~cinemas, in highgate..

Hi Forum..is there any info,on who owned the picture houses, in highgate." the Triangle in [Gooch st]..the Alhambra..[Moseley rd]..& the Luxor..on balsall~heath rd] they were taken over by Asia Owners..in the mid 70s..regards..christy..ps..is there any film footage..of the Cinemas..fr years gone...
  7. C

Looking for info on a sea captain..

MY GGGFATHER, WAS A SEA CAPTAIN..IN N,IRELAND [BELFAST]. BORN AROUND 1850s [dublin city]..& DIED IN THE 1890s..his name was..JOHN MULLAN..AGED 40,s..married to Mary Mullan..is there anywhere to find any info..please..many thanks..
  8. C

Earlswood Log Cabin Camp Site

looking for photos of the Earlswood log cabin, as kids from highgate,we all went here in the 60s & 70s..also a great swimming pool, it was filled in many years ago..so looking for any info or photos,plz..cheers..
  9. C

Val Products Sherlock St..

hi,forum..trying to find a photo of the White Swan & Val Products..in sherlock st or at the bottom of hurst st..regards..christy.
  10. C

Earlswood Log cabin..

hello..looking for any info or photos, of Earlswood log cabin, in the 60s 70s..called in at the old site,to see the log cabin is still there & being used..the swimming pool,was filled in many years ago,but still would lov to see a photo..if you can help,..drop a line..regards..christy..
  11. C

1st ww hospital records..birmingham

hi,forum..
  12. C

St davids, church..[highgate]

HI,GUYS..ST DAVIDS,CHURCH..BISSALL ST..HIGHGATE..i think this church was damaged in the 2nd world war..& had to be pulled down.in 1947..i do not know what faith it was...is there any photos,of this church..anywhere..or info..cheers...christy..
  13. C

3D/photo/ or a ghost effect photo..

hi forum guys, is it possible to do a 3D or ghost effect photo, an old building gone, & replaced with a new build then put the old building back through the new/build, i hope this explains,it ??.. cheers,..christy...
  14. C

McGURLEYS in gooch st & VAUGHTON ST

HI,GUYS, Mcgurleys had there shop in gooch st in the 60,s, then moved to VAUGHTON ST, facing ST,MARTINS FLATS, in highgate. late 60s & 70s,. do you remember the family, they had 3,shops.. there son was called ROGER, McGURLEY, he was a tall chap,.. he later ran the CARPENTERS,ARMS,[bag of...
  15. C

CARPENTERS ARMS in Highgate

hi,everyone, roger Mcgurley, used to run the carpenters arms,pub in highgate,his parents owned the shops in vaughton st in the 60,s. & ran shops in gooch st in the 50,s.. roger Mcguley had a pub in the maypole & hollywood area in the 70,80,s. do you know him?. if so could you let me know or let...
  16. C

Preen Clemantina

hi, my grandfather was born on 13th,feb,1912, at 40.gough rd [greet] yardley his name john edward newman, he was put into care from an early age.& was given a new name in care[jack preen] when he came out of care, he inlisted into the british army in 1928, he got married in 1940, at the holy...
  17. C

A FILM MADE IN ST MARTINS FLATS[highate]

this film was made for t.v. a drama made in st martins flats in 1977-8, & shown on tele in 1980, it was based on a soldier on the run & hid in the flats, it was not,[play for today,or gangters, it was something like that? can anyone help with info please, based on the ww1-2.. many thanks in...
  18. C

DUKE OF CORNWALLS LIGHT INFIRTRY 1st BAT

HI,everyone, IS there any brummies, out there who served in this regiment, i have a few photos, of my grandfather, there is a large photo of his battalion on parade some-where around the world,[india] it has no writing on this photo to say where it was or who they are, my grandfather was in this...
Back