• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

FRYER Family of 43 Nelson Road, Aston, Birmingham - 1920

Jean, Thank you, very much, for the information about Harry Fryer. My uncle, Harry Victor Fryer, was born during the December Quarter of 1903. He married Jessie Leah Mortiboy. He showed a talent for drawing. He died, after June, 1971, when he was struck, by a vehicle, outside the gates...
  2. R

Mollymo, I was very happy to read your Friday, March 13, 2009 post about your relationship to the 13 Nelson Road, Aston, Birmingham, Warwickshire Hickmans. It is an interesting numerical coincidence, and proof that not all Friday the thirteenths are unlucky! As I consider myself to be an...
  3. R

Kynoch's I M I 1950s Onwards

All, Does the photograph at https://www.aviationarchive.org.uk/Gpages/html/G2665.html help? Regards, R. Paul R.
  4. R

Kynoch's I C I 1800s - 1920s

Annie Oakley Reference Chris, Thank you for the Annie Oakley Kynoch information. I was previously unaware of the relationship. I consider myself an "infovore" or, when carefully pronounced, an "infomaniac"! Incidentally, I have just noticed that my tired brain made the mistake of...
  5. R

Kynoch Group Photograph Jean, Unfortunately, I never met my grandfather or any of his fellow Kynock employees. Incidentally, Michigan J. Frog and Marvin the Martian are two of my favourite animated characters. Regards, R. Paul R.
  6. R

HENSMAN ARCHIE (T.?) - Royal Air Force

My father, Richard Fryer, lived at 43 Nelson Road, Aston, Birmingham, Warwickshire when he younger. One of his good friends was Archie (T.?) Hensman, before Archie joined the Royal Air Force and was sent to Canada, presumably under the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, for training. I...
  7. R

Onion Fair

Nero the Lion - Onion Fair - 1924 While my father, Richard Fryer, was a student at Station Road School, in Aston, Birmingham, Warwickshire, he was outside in the area in which Nero, the lion that escaped, from the Onion Fair at the Serpentine Grounds, in 1924, was roaming. He still remembers...
  8. R

Harry Victor Reginald Fryer - Kynoch Employee My grandfather, Harry Victor Reginald Fryer, was a carriage builder. He later worked, as a blacksmith, at Kynoch, which later became Nobel Industries, and then, in 1926, became Imperial Chemical Industries Metals. In 1931, he received, from ICI...
  9. R

Alberta, Thank you, very much, for the information regarding the connection of the Pemberton and Henn families to my branch of the Fryer family. I missed the implication of the young age of Catherine Pemberton when inferring the surname of Robert Fryer’s wife. It is always gratifying to...
  10. R

Alberta, In one "swell foop", your reply to my post made me very happy! I was elated and laughing at about 00:55 A. M. Pacific Standard Time on Thursday, March 27, 2008. I stayed up until 04:00 A. M. Pacific Standard Time, entering the new information into my Fryer family database, only...
  11. R

Pete, Thank you, very much, for your reply to my post. You are the first person to acknowledge an acquaintance with my possible Hickman relatives. I have always wondered whether the 13 Nelson Road Hickman family is related to my Fryer family. As they were living quite close to 43 Nelson...
  12. R

Bevington Road Aston - Byron Family

The BRYON family of BEVINGTON ROAD, Aston, Birmingham My paternal grandmother lived on Bevington Road. Please see https://forum.birminghamhistory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11462&highlight=fryer for detailed information. I would like to learn more about her, her family, and her descendants.
  13. R

Vicarage Road Aston - Fryer Family

The FRYER family of VICARAGE ROAD, Aston, Birmingham My paternal great grandparents lived on Vicarage Road. Please see https://forum.birminghamhistory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11462&highlight=fryer for detailed information. I would like to learn more about them, their family, and their...
  14. R

Nelson Road, Aston - Family Listings 1920

The families living on Nelson Road, Aston, Birmingham, in 1920, are listed at https://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:0XWVil6AfPwJ:www.astonbrook-through-astonmanor.co.uk/1920Names/NELSONRd.xls+%22nelson+road%22+fryer+1920&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=ca. Further information about the Fryer family, of...
  15. R

I was born in Bloxwich, Staffordshire. I have been tracing my family tree since November 04, 2004. My paternal great grandfather, Henry Joseph Fryer, hatter, was born, about 1843 or 1845, in Wellington, Shropshire. His wife, my paternal great grandmother, Jane Griffiths (Fryer), was born...
Back