• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Morturn

happy birthday bob davis

Happy birthday Bob have a super day
  2. Morturn

Our childhood toys

The vicar at Severn Stoke Church is a Scalextric fan. Each year he sets up a gigantic track of eight lanes aroudn the church and let visitors have a race while he does the commenty
  3. Morturn

Our childhood toys

As a kid I recall the Mousetrap game. The advertisement campaign made it look amazingly good. It was one on my Christmas list I never got. But when I managed to play it at a friends house it was quite a letdown. The game seemed to go on forever to assemble it on the board, then very rarely if at...
  4. Morturn

Our childhood toys

I recall Subbuteo too, a couple of friends at school had some teams. I nealy fell through the floor when I found out how much a team cost, I recall it was 10 shillings or about 4 weeks pocket money.
  5. Morturn

Our childhood toys

I remebe that one, it was quite good fun. the ball was a ball bearing
  6. Morturn

can you place any forum issues in here after the rebuild

I (as a mod) have lost the facility to spam clean. Consequently we now have to manually delete and report forum spammers
  7. Morturn

IN OUR GARDEN 2024

They look like Spanish. The English bluebells have the flower on one side
  8. Morturn

Scams: telephone, email, texts 2023, 2024

eBay are quite good like that.
  9. Morturn

Birmingham Bedstead Factories

My dad was also known as Jack to everyone but he was John on his birth cert too.
  10. Morturn

Canals of Birmingham

Where is this Mike?
  11. Morturn

On going Project of Virtual Reality of Video for Little Shadwell and Shadwell Street 1880s

You maybe cannot see the link, here https://sketchfab.com/morturn/models
  12. Morturn

On going Project of Virtual Reality of Video for Little Shadwell and Shadwell Street 1880s

Andy, have you done any photogrammetry work yet? Here is some of the 3D modelling I do
  13. Morturn

Windows 10

Thats it Pete
  14. Morturn

Windows 10

Do you remember that game called Gorilla
  15. Morturn

It's Lloyd's birthday

Happy birthday
  16. Morturn

GEC WITTON WORKS

Interestingly, when they were demolishing the factory, I had a walk over there and you could see how the building was once painted with camouflage colours.
  17. Morturn

GEC WITTON WORKS

Certainly, looks like Witton to me. I spotted the waterworks at Salford Bridge and also recall the Brathwaite tank water tower too. I think they also showed the turbine hall on Electric Avenue.
  18. Morturn

its jayells birthday

Happy birthday, have a super day
  19. Morturn

its mikejees birthday

Happy birthday, have a great day
Back