• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. H

how can i find sumones details.when i cant find any trace of their wedding..

can any help me please.. im trying to research my family tree and have hit yet another one of many brick walls....usually after a lot of looking on my part i usually get thru the brick wall,but this bugger has stumped me !!BIG TIME!!. i'm looking for a relative by the name of henry sheldon,he...
  2. H

evacuees meetings

hi.. after speaking to my uncle tonight about his evacuation to groby in 1939.. he has asked me(as hes not on the internet)if i cud find out about any meetings of evacuees from birmingham.. he also mentioned there used to be a meeting for the evacuees of hope street school... also ther is a...
  3. H

evacuated 1939...attended hope st school,

im trying to put together as much as i can for my uncle. after i visited him last week,i trying to find as many pictures i can from around the period he was evacuated.. he told me stories of when it happened and what it was like for him..i was fascinated. this is why i want to do this for...
  4. H

tracing a person thru there army records..need help.!!!!!

can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction please... my grandad was in the duke of cornwall light infantry and i believe i may have his army number it is 5433733 .at the time of the search his rank was lance corporal. how would i go about looking up his army records,if at all...
  5. H

trying to find out any details of a stillbirth

im not to sure what to do,or how to look for any records of a stillbirth.. ive heard that years ago stillborn babies were buried with other people,my mom had a stillbirth,quite a while back,but as both my parents are no longer with us i can get any info,all i know is that the birth was at...
  6. H

Samuel Heath

ive been trying to research my family tree.. thing is on my one nans side i have got as far as my gt gt gt grandparents..the prob is my one grandad.. ive spoke to my last remaining aunt..she cant be sure of his year of birth,or any details of my grandads parents,so im stumped..i was gonna try...
  7. H

goodwin family.nechells....t

im trying to find a family called pat and ken good win,they had kids called lisa,and i think it was karen there was a lad aswell.,they lived next door to us in bradburne way..i move from there 1977.xx
  8. H

highfield rd,saltley area...

if i wanted to look for sumone who lived on highfield rd around about the mid 70's how cud i find them... ive looked on the net and i know there are more than one highfield rd...and im pretty sure its the one im looking for. is it anywhere near a pub called the viaduct....which i have heard is...
  9. H

baptism in hospitals..

i was born in what was dudley rd hospital,i know its called the city hospital now.. i was gravely ill as a child and ended up in the childrens hospital..the old site not where it is now...and i was that ill i was baptised in hospital..is there a way of finding out about it eg i know my...
  10. H

duke of cornwall light infantry

im trying to research my grandad..he was in the duke of cornwall light infantry,he eventually became a sgt major,altho i know the regiment dont excist anymore due to either being dis banded or merged with another regiment... the prob is im having probs with finding my grandads date of birth and...
  11. H

ashted row and bradburne way

where wud be the best place to get sum old pictures of ashted row around about 1956/7..my mom and dad moved in there when they married,ive no idea what the area looked like.
Back