• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. celia

Rainy days

spent many a happy Saturday morning at silver blades with my sister and best friend sliding down a bannister I've always wanted to try the but daren't I can just hear my mother saying if you fall and break your neck don't come running to me lol
  2. celia

Rainy days

the smiths 9 kids good lord always someone to play with or argue with lol skidding on the lino in just your socks sounds like fun ann watton I used to be good at handstands daren't do it now and I remember playing two ball up the wall and collecting rose petals to make perfume it never...
  3. celia

Rainy days

Alberta you are so right we didn't have all day kids TV we were lucky if we got a Cpl of hours after school before the news came on. Now they have their own kids TV channel dedicated to bringing then 24 hours a day 7 days a week And we didn't have video games either don't think they were even...
  4. celia

Rainy days

The weather here in Tamworth has been awful these last two days all it has done is rain. This limits what I can do. Going out is a no no because nether of the dogs like getting wet Pottering around the garden is off because it looks like a bog at the moment So I find myself trawling through...
  5. celia

Morrall William searching for 4x great grandfather

Re: searching for 4x great grandfather thankyou brummie nick it might be the brother to Edward morrall as mentioned above the William moral you found is aged 64 I worked his date of birth with the 1851 census and got 1787 Edward moral was born 1789 so im thinking it might be his brother its...
  6. celia

Morrall William searching for 4x great grandfather

Hello all Firstly if I have put this in the wrong place I apologise I am trying without any success to find my 4x great grandfather William Morrall Unfortuneatly I have no date of birth, no date of death or a date for a marriage The only information I have is his son was called Edward Morall...
  7. celia

Morrall Brothers Tool Makers

I have google maped it and the building that is in the photo is still standing if that is any help
  8. celia

thankyou colin every little bit helps
  9. celia

hello one and all I'm looking for some help before my brain explodes I came across a pic on another site that showed a building in Albion street Hockley The build's signage bore the words Morrall Brothers Toolmakers As my last name happens to be Morrall I am interested in finding out if these...
  10. celia

'The Gangs of Birmingham' - (The Peaky Blinders)

Re: the peaky blinders hi all i bought this book yesterday I've not got round to starting it but I am looking forward to it (too many books on the back burner to read) I have been following the BBC drama and have read a little on the internet about the gangs It will be nice to read the real...
  11. celia

Library Of Birmingham 2013

hi Charlie yes you can get the secret garden by the stairs. The glass tube the call a lift only goes up one floor. We did go in the lift lets just say never again don't like lifts as rule so I will using the stairs lol.
  12. celia

Library Of Birmingham 2013

my daughter and myself spent today in the new library. Not being a fan of the outside the inside was stunning two cafes a gift shop (if not very big) lots of places to sit a read in some very funky chairs easy to get around a glass lift (went in it not a fan) lockers to store you stuff 2 roof...
  13. celia

How Britain Worked

ive been watching it since it started its a fantastic program if you are into britains industreal history. Yes it seems to me to that they trying to make a fred dibnah out of him. Guy also had a program on last year called the boat that guy built that was another fab program It was nice to see...
  14. celia

Working Mens Clubs

my dad was a member of handsworth centeral working mans club for many years. i remember the christmas and new year parties they had as a kid during the 70's (they were only time we were allowed to stay up late) Dad took part in the many clubs they had Fishing , darts and snooker clubs and the...
  15. celia

mostyn road handsworth

Good evenng one and all. I hope someone out there can help at all. Dose anybody have any old pics or memories of mostyn road in handsworth. My great greandparents clara and william morrall and my grandparent horace and celia morrall lived at 40 mostyn road. Ive passed mostyn road serveral...
  16. celia

Various street pics

oh my ive got goose bumbs i used to live on this road back in the 70's the view is one i remember very well as the shool and there houses didnt change much the wall and railings to the right belong to handsworth secondry mondern as it was know then its now apartments. the shop you can see at...
  17. celia

Pat Roach

hi astonian ive just been reading this thread and was a little stuck on the road name you mentioned. im from the green and lived five mins walk from the prison went to foundry road school. i dont remember a wellington road but i do remember a wellington street. it sticks in my mind because...
  18. celia

We will remember them

hi sue i went to the memorial service in tamworth this morning along with my mother sister and daughter and like you was pleasntly surprised to see a lot of the young folk turn out the line the rout and stand and listen to the service at st edithas. It was so nice to see them paying their respects.
  19. celia

We will remember them

private 20434 frederick cummings 3rd battalion worcestershie regiment killed in action 16th june 1915 french & flanders aged 36 (great grandfather) private 5116413 harold victor cumming kings regiment liverpool infantry P O W in burma 12 april 1943 aged 33 (grandfather) Family wil be...
  20. celia

Banana Sandwiches

i had a similar conversation one day last week with my daughter i dont know what started it but banana sandwiches and bananas and custard came into it . I hadnt had either since i was a kid and the thought of them bought back so many memorys so i just had to buy some bananas and endulge in a...
Back