• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

Phillips ( jewellery trade)

Can anyone throw light on Maurice Phillips please. He was born in Birmingham about 1865 but I cant find a record of his birth or any trace of him on the census returns. The first record I can find is of his marriage in 1910 to Sophia Jane Webb in Paddington and it says he was a widower. He is...
  2. B

The Custard House

I wonder how many couples met at the Friday night dance at this pub. It was once really popular and was a decent alternative to a night in town. I was there one night when someone tied to ride a motor bike up the stairs. Happy days!
  3. B

Burton. Canal Boat people

Has anyone information on the Burton family who lived in Brasshouse Lane Smethwick from around 1861 - 1891. I have no idea how to trace canal boat people and I dont even know which canal they worked on. Can anyone send me in the right direction please?
  4. B

White Hart Tavern, Vaughton St

Sorry if I'm in the wrong section but I am new to this site so bear with me please. :rolleyes: My mothers family were prolific in the Balsall Heath area around 1870-1910 and at one time they were the licensees of The White Hart Tavern, 21-22 Vaughton Street Balsall Heath. I know my g.uncle W J...
Back