• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Barbinoz

Borough Lunatic Asylum All Saints 1851

Hoping someone can tell me where I can apply to access any available records for my 3rd Great Grandfather Thomas Turner. I've recently found out that he died in the Lunatic Asylum 1/12 /1851. I've been trying for years to narrow down when he died and then his burial record for St Thomas popped...
  2. Barbinoz

Mortimer Dent

Hi everyone, I've just found out some new information about a 2nd cousin and his wife, Richard Jones and Evelyn M Dent. They married in 1946 and she was the daughter of Mortimer Dent who had a string of Picture Theatres in and around the Birmingham. The info I have (verbally) is that the...
  3. Barbinoz

Elizabeth Manton, Grocer

My great great aunt Elizabeth Manton (nee Batchelor) was a grocer and Provision Dealer at 8 Gough Rd Edgbaston. She was there between 1881, maybe a little earlier, and 1894 when she died. I haven't been able to find out much about her business, if she ran a proper shop or something less formal...
  4. Barbinoz

Glovers Rd Small Heath

Hi Everyone, I was wondering if anyone had a photo of Glovers Rd - before re-development. My Great Grandparents lived at no 55. I have a hazey memory ( I would have been about 8) when on a trip to Brum my Dad stopped the car outside this house and said that it was his granddad's house. I think...
Back