• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. E

26 Great Lister Street Tobacconist run by Ernest and Edith Cicily Green 1912-1925

Hi, Looking for any information on a tobacconist shop at 26 Gt Lister Street, Duddeston. Originally run by Ernest Green and his wife Edith Green. My great uncle later married Edith in 1915 after her husband died in 1913. They continued to live there till 1925 before emigrating to New Zealand.
  2. E

Great Lister Street and surrounding streets.

Hi, I'm looking for any info on a tobacconist at 26 Great Lister street. Run by an Edith C Green back in 1915. Any info would be appreciated.
  3. E

82 Willis Street, Gt Brook Street, 233 St Vincent Street

Ah, thought it might be, thanks for confirming:)
  4. E

Thanks very much Mikejee, thats brilliant and certainly does clear things up. One more thing, do you know the name of the road opposite?
  5. E

Thanks, these will be very useful.
  6. E

Hi I'm hoping someone can help? I'm looking for any info on the Horn and Marsh family in Duddeston They lived in 82 Willis Street, 41 and 27 Gt Brook Street and 233 St Vincent street between 1912 and 1955. From what I can piece together my Grandmother Margaret Horn married my grandfather Edward...
  7. E

Castle Vale

Hi, I moved on in 66 into Cosford Tower, as a 6 year old it was such an adventure. The whole place was a building site for years. My mum used to work in the builders canteen on Yatesbury avenue and I used to take my mates in for free jam doughnuts and wagon wheels. One of our past times was...
  8. E

Castle Vale

Hey there, if your still readinmg this, I lived in Cosford Tower 1966 to 76. 7th floor. Regards Eddie
  9. E

Amy Bourne 1915, daughter of George Henry Bourne and Amy Snook

Carolann, thanks again, as my mother had possibly 8 brothers/sisters I would be very interested to see your tree. Is this possible? I am a member of genes reunited, if you are its quite easy to share trees. I have some info from other members of the forum and with yours plan to re-subscribe to...
  10. E

Thanks Carolann, I think George was my mother's brother and laura was his wife. My mother married her first husband in 1933 at the age of 18. I have no idea who Charles and barbera Cain were, but suspect they could be related to Laura.
  11. E

Mike, thanks for that, does your info list anyone else living there at the same time? Either reservoir rd or Bristol rd.
  12. E

Hi, I am looking for any info on my mother, born Amy Bourne. I know she grew up in Selly Oak, Reservoir road. She also worked in the Queen Elizabeth and Selly Oak hospitals as Amy Statham some time between 1943 and 1955. She left her first husband in 1948 ish, (George S Statham) to live with...
  13. E

South Birmingham Shops, Pubs and Garages

possibly? The only thing I have to go on is the following info from the census.- The Brighton Cottages occur on the census (coming from the west on the north side, in the order no 129, then Stonehouse Farm, Stonehouse cottages, Weoley Castle Farm then Brighton cottages.
  14. E

Brummie Ghosts

Hi Paul, I have attached a map from 1938 and indicated where I think they were. There is a stream running from the castle towards the west. Jog any memories? Is this the area you discribe? The only info I have to go on is this, kindly sent to me by Mike. The Brighton Cottages occur on the...
  15. E

Help with location please

Re: Thanks Dympna, my mother lived in this area in the 30's. Do you know anything about Brighton Cottages, Canal Side, Stonehouse Lane? Regards, Eddie
  16. E

Stonehouse Farm area

Hi, anyone know anything about Brighton Cottages, Canal side? I'm trying to trace my mothers history, she apparantly lived there back in the 30's, but they no longer exist.
  17. E

South Birmingham Shops, Pubs and Garages

Hi izzy, Do you know anything about Brighton Cottages, Canal Side, Stonehouse Lane, Weoley Castle?
  18. E

Brummie Ghosts

Hi, I am looking for info on The Brighton Cottages, Canal side, Stonehouse Lane, Weoley Castle. My mother may have lived there back in the 30's. Reading through some of your posts you mention this area. Can anyone shed any light on these cottages?
  19. E

Cutler Family Bartley Green-schools-

Re: Bartley Green-schools-cutler Family Chris, hope you still look at these, its been a while. Reading your last post, it sounds like you are talking about Stonehouse lane in Weoley Castle? I am trying to find some info about this area. Do you know where Brighton Cottages, Canal side were?
  20. E

Selly Oak family history and any back ground info needed

Hi Shortie, I don't think its the same one. My mothers mothers maiden name was Snook. Regards Eddie
Back